Wednesday, May 18

Yipee...It's Show Time....eye candy!

It's that time of the year again..show time....I'm so excited...

This year I don't have any quilts in our annual quilt show, but it's just as exciting to be going.

DH and I are taking an hours train ride up to town to attend the presentations, do some shopping of course, then later go into town for lunch....This is the big show held just once a year, lots of lovely new things to see and buy, plus free workshops on different things to learn, new methods.

Did I say I'm excited !.....♥

In the mean time. here's some lovely eye candy...
Chef's runner #2 "Dinner is Served" is finished...I like this one much better than the first one..

My dear friend Lois has just finished this gorgeous Kaleidoscope quilt...a few years ago now, I don't remember when it was, but we did a workshop on this with another quilting friend Robin (no blog). I think Lois is on a mission to get some UFO's finished....Brodie Perse fills in the empty cream setting tri's....beautiful work!


Sue's Amazing Australiana Quilt..


What am amazing quilt is this....It's a shame this photo does not do it justice...the colours and the workmanship is amazing!...

All the flowers are our Australian native flowers...like the Kangaroo Paw, Banksia, Waratah, Fringed Lily, Stuart Pea, Geraldton Wax, Paper Daisies, Blue Gum.leaves.etc...amazing.

Sue is taking this quilt to Italy with her...I think it's going to be a wedding gift...lucky couple!


Have a wonderful day...I'm off to the show.....♥

11 comments:

  1. I have followed your blog for three years now and remember how much fun you and Reno always have at the show. I hope you have a lovely time and share all the news with us. Thanks for sharing all the pretty pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all beautiful quilts Julia. Thank you for sharing and have a great time at the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely quilts, I do like seeing the ones with the native flowers. Have a ball at the show, looking forward to seeing some loot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful time you have in front of you.... just enjoy... oh and buy lots :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the quilt show, they are always very inspirational!!! The Australian wildflower quilt is amazing. What a great wedding quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wich I could go with you to the quilt show:-)Thoses eye candy is realy some goodies.

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue's quilt is amazing. A wonderful gift for someone. And the kaleidoscope quilt very interesting. I have made of few of those and it is always fun to see what kind of designs the fabric makes.

    Is that the outfit you are wearing to the show? LOL! If I had to ride a bicycle to a show, I would be in serious trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the lovely photos. Hope you had a great day at the show and that you didn't forget your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilts! Enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥