Saturday, May 14

This and That...blues

I tried to post all day yesterday, but blogger was off line..here's hoping this posts.


Remember the "What's for Dinner" runner, well, here it is on the glass outdoor table at Joe's on Mother's day..
DGD took this photo with her mobile phone camera....that runner is 2 metres long, it was just perfect, a big hit and quite a conversation piece...and the food was so good...!
I thought seeing I had lots of fabric left I would make Joe another one....
This time instead of the blocks ( below) being in two different fabrics.....


...I thought I would cut the whole block in the one fabric plus the sashing... this way, it shows off the lovely fabrics much more and so much quicker to piece up.....
This new one will be "Dinner is Served". This is the result of a few hours sewing yesterday afternoon. This is such a great quick design, I think a runner like this could easily be put together and finished in a day....♥

Blues update...looking great!


I think another row to the side and the length...then borders...that will make it a lovely good size lap quilt ....


I really must try to catch up with the Civil War blocks over the weekend..

Till next time , have a lovely weekend....♥


16 comments:

  1. Julia, all three of these creations are just beautiful. How great to have used Joe's runner for the Mother's Day get together. Wishing you a very nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun table runner! and your blue creation is divine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blue quilt is turning out beautifully!! Love it!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with your Blues Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The table-runners look wonderful, and a great focus on the table.
    My, you have done a wonderful job on your blue quilt top so far. Your friend will be wrapped up in it, in no time!!! (I had BLOGGER problems too over the past couple of days, it was broken well and truly, but now it all seems to be working again!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia i love this runner it just sets the table off beautifully,well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I knew he would love your table runner!!!
    Your blue quilt looks so pretty, it was worth the wait for the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are great!, The blue quilt is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joes runner looks fantastic on the table and what a converstion piece indeed, I like version 2 just as well. The blue stars are coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julia, love the table runner. It is bright and adorable. Your blue and white quilt is coming along nicely, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the table runner... I think I will have to keep a look out for food fabrics... and your blues quilt is awesome... so fresh and pretty...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your wonderful table runner will add fun and conversation to any meal it joins. I'll never look at food fabric without thinking of your project and mentally be planning one of my own.

    I'm sorry you had to wait so long for your blues, but the project is worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those table runners will definitely inspire conversation and they won't show many stains.
    Your blue quilt looks lovely, a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute table runner, I have so many of those food fabrics I should make a table runner. The blue quilt is so gorgeous! Can't wait to see what kind of borders you add to it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything is very beautiful, but I love especially the quilt in blue!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥