Monday, May 30

This and That...

It's finished... I'm really happy with how it's come together and finished up...wow, I think, that is the quickest quilt I've ever made so far..now to pack it away until I need to gift it.....♥


I fell in love with this beautiful shawl, that I saw on here...love the colours, and to think I even had a skein of this very same wool...so I played....


I don't think I'll have enough for a shawl....but that's OK, perhaps a scarf will be just enough for me.. ...and I played some more..

This is wool left over from the crochet African Flower knee rug I recently finished.... it's 8 ply, a bit thicker than I'd like really.. but it would be nice and warm...


Elizabeth Cat has a lovely easy to follow tut on how this is made here....



Nothing much done today...too busy running around on errands ...OK, time to get some work done now. I'm so behind on my CW blocks...♥


Happy stitching...

16 comments:

  1. Your blue quilt turned out beautiful Julia! The shawl is really pretty and it looks like you're well on your way to make a lovely scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love,love the shawl.
    Nice blue and white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are multi talented. Did you just see the pattern and work out how to crochet those fabulous circles?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning quilt...and the scarf will be just so nice...!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blue quilt turned out beautiful, and so fast. The shawl that you shared is beautiful too. I hope you have enough of the yarn for a scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are never idle are you Julia?. Always some gorgeous project on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty things, Julia. I think your crocheted shawl will be lovely. Thank goodness, I don't have the bug (yet!) to get back into crocheting or knitting! Quilting takes enough time as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your quilt. I've been watching it come together. I need a blue and white that is on the quick side. I really like yours. Congrats on a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Julia, you never cease to amaze me with your wonderful output. Your friend is one lucky person and your crochet skills are considerable too. That shawl isn't for the feint hearted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing finish on the blue quilt!!! Hats off to you for getting it finished so quickly!!!
    Love the crochet, I'm glad stuff like this is coming back into vogue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quilt is so beautiful! And I love your crocheted motives :)

    Best wishes,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so talented Julia! The blue quilt turned out gorgeous and you create such loveliness out of yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The blue and white quilt turned out lovely, what a shame your putting it away!! Oh, and the shawl looks great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the blue and white quilt turned out so pretty!
    what a great finish, the shawl is very pretty!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmmm - you know me - adore you and am always honest with you but only like the motif in the fine lacy look - they are just gorgeous - can you get any more wool! Found a beaut wool shop today - all from WA grown sheep - near Homespun Workshops. Talk to you soom!
    Big hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. The blue quilt turned our gorgeous! Great finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥