Tuesday, April 26

Traditional Easter Treats...

Well five days of the long Easter weekend is nearly over...
Precious family time, building memories and a few traditional Easter treats.
My cousin makes these "Figolli " for the members of the Maltese Club.....they come in all shapes and sizes....so yum, made out of two layers of a biscuit mixture with an almond/ nut paste filling sandwiched in between then iced and decorated ...oh, and of course the traditional chocolate Easter egg...
You can find the recipe for tiny bite size ones here and the traditional recipe here...
We took a lovely long walk along our beautiful Warnbro Sound beach, just a few minutes walk from home...reflecting about Anzac Day yesterday and the full meaning of this extra long Easter weekend....remembering our fathers who fought in the second world war....

Up high from the lookout..
How lovely is this...the beautiful Indian Ocean...and how blessed we are to be able to enjoy this today...♥

The mailman will be back on the job tomorrow...fingers crossed my bundle of blue fabrics will arrive some time this week...

Have a lovely week....♥

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these pretty images, Julia. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to receive your bundle at last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely long week end. Dare I say that if the "blues" had arrived it may not have been as restful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I miss that beach Julia, can't tell you how many early mornings I walked it because my body clock was still on Vic time..
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I can see that the blue fabric has not left your consciousness despite 5 lovely days of Easter break!!!
    Woe betide the postman if his arms are not full!!! I do hope you get your parcel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great Easter break.
    I am lucky enough to enjoy the beach everyday.
    Hope you get your bundle of blue tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful view! I'm so glad you included people on the beach, so we could get a perspective of the magnitude of your lookout. So wonderful! Do you know how fortunate you are to be able to WALK to see such a thing!? Oh my! As I'm sitting here on a gloomy day, listening to the rain and my furnace running, you don't know how appreciated it would be to see something like Warnbro Sound beach! I hope the postie brings you what you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are gorgeous photo's Julia, looks like you live in Paradise.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥