Monday, April 25

Anzac Day...in memory of our fallen..


" LEST WE FORGET "
This day of days again we keep
In memory of those who sleep
Away beyond the quiet sea.....Away in far Gallipolli.
'Tis Anzac Day - 'tis Anzac Day..

On the 25th of April 1915 Australian troops landed on the Gallipoli Peninsula in what is now called Anzac Cove. They rushed from the beach up to Plugge's Plateau into Australian military history suffering many casualties on the way. Just after midday troops from New Zealand landed at Gallipoli and together the Australians and New Zealanders created the Anzac legend. It was the events of this first day that set the course of the whole battle leading to the evacuation of the Anzac troops in December 1915.


Our thoughts also to families and friends who lost their loved ones....

"Pansies for thoughts. "

5 comments:

  1. Happy Easter and ANZAC day from New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lest we forget!
    I am remembering my two great-great uncles, one who died at Gallipoli, and one at the Somme, both in NZ Army Corp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have missed you Julie! locked myself off my blog for a bit but I am finally back on, looking forward to what you have been working on!! Hope you had a wonderful Easter and Anzac day. Lest We Forget.
    Warmest regards
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥