Friday, March 18

"What's for Dinner "... runner

Moving along nicely with the runner..
I used the 2 1/2 inch GO strip cutter to cut the strips...Dh helped me as I was having a bit of trouble with the fabric being pushed and bunching up a bit in the middle as it went through the cutter....at times it was so hard to turn the handle even with just four layers of fabric....
Does anyone else have that trouble or is it just me, and perhaps something I'm doing wrong!
I thought this design works perfectly for the runner....Three rows are all it needs to be the width size required, which is 18 inches wide... ...now on to make it 75 inches long!

Quirky little chefs...chefs on bikes add a nice fun / light element to the darker fabrics.....that dark sashing fabric is a 1890 repro fabric that I found in our local discount fabric shop...doesn't it work well with the other fabrics!...
I love this design...so much fun and so easy to do...I'll just see how this one turns out first before I start on another one..
Have a lovely weekend....♥

18 comments:

  1. Your runner is looking fantastic Julia ... love the fabrics :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The runner looks great Julia. Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  3. The runner is looking good. I have found that if I have trouble turning the handle on the GO, I am sometimes having the machine up too HIGH for me and need to have it on a lower table. ALSO...when using the strip cutter, you want the folded edge of the fabric to go through the cutter first. If not, then it can sometimes bunch up if the fold is what goes through last. I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great! Seems to be going together nice and quick.
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful!! Just love the fabrics!
    And No it is not you I have had 3!! Different "Go's” They are so hard to turn. Really hurts my wrist! The lady said to move the cutting mat up a smidge so it goes in first, but to be honest I did not notice a difference. I do like it a lot for appliqué shapes that are so hard to cut by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how the color plays on the black. Looks like a fun easy pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your runner is so adorable. I have to put the cutter on a completly flat surface. If I try to cut with my cutting mat underneath, it will not work correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many fun fabrics! Fun idea to use all the food fabrics for a table runner!

    hugz,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a great project and I love the fabrics. Sending my best to you and Reno and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The table-runner looks great! it will certainly be a talking point during dinner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't help with the cutter... but I can tell you the fabric is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joe da chef is one lucky chap to have such a wonderful mum. I do admire the way you plan your projects Julia and before you know it, there it is, finished. The fabrics look great.
    Shirley.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very, very cute, Julia! What a great reason to collect food fabrics. I just bought a fq with hot dogs and chili dogs on it. Thanks for the idea of making a table runner with food fabs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute fabrics in your runner, it looks great.
    No idea about the cutter, sorry. (I don't have one).

    ReplyDelete
  15. It has turned out great, Julia - Joe will be happy - will add a nice party touch to his outdoor area!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're very clever, it's a perfect runner for Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a great pattern for these novelty fabrics! He's going to love it - but he must have a really long table!

    Yes, another layer of batting with the insulbrite. I read that it helps with moisture issues, as well as further insulation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥