Wednesday, March 23

The Quilt Fairy came....


...to our Patchwork group...
What a fun and interesting morning we had yesterday.
Judy, the Quilt Fairy, worked her "magic" ( that word again ) and showed us all the beautiful quilts that she has made using her die cut papers.
Judy had little samples of hexagon quilts made up in all the sizes of her available papers...right down from tiny 1/2 inch hexies to big 3 1/2 inch hexies... you can see the whole range on her website..
Applique paper cut outs and fusible fabric cuts... lots of different shapes ready to applique on quilts,T-shirts etc...

Judy had so much to show and inspiring ways to use her papers.....A beautiful trunk show of so many gorgeous quilts and ideas, I was so wrapped up in the watching quilt after quilt displayed...I wish I had taken more photos now.

The two above quilts were just a small sample of what can be done with the shapes...See the tiny Apples cores in the bottom corner of the above quilt...so cute!

A lovely soft pastel baby quilt

My favourites were the tiny Baby Tumbling Blocks...and...

..the tiny Baby Thimbles...I just had to buy these papers!
The food...beautiful cakes and treats ...oh, you know what quilters are like when they get together...
I just wanted to share the lovely and inspiring morning we had... oh, did I mention the food !!

8 comments:

  1. Who knew the Quilt Fairy could be so delighting (and delicious)! What beautiful works of quiltiness. :) I can hear the inspiration in your voice all the way over here in Florida and I can't wait to watch you create!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky ladies to have such a delightful truck show of tiny quilts.

    Love them all but think my favorite is the bright tumbling blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum yum yum! What a wonderful way to spend your time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing...love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a thimble template I use a lot to cut out a thimble from the tinniest scrap! they are just fun to make into little quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilts, but my heart went to the tiny thimble quilt!!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely day and it is always good to learn something new. The projects are very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them all. I love applique so those are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥