Friday, March 11

Pies & Turnovers... nearly baked...

Another bright quilt nearly finished... just two sides of binding to sew back..

Well, who would think I would be doing two bright quilts ...one after the other!
They were both fun to do, cheered me up and challenged my comfort zone..

Now, that border is BRIGHT...DD loves bright and orange, so I'm sure this quilt will be loved and used...which is great, just what every quilter likes to see!

The ingredients here are a bit of Kaffe, a bit of repro's, a bit of retro...and any thing else that looked like it would fit in.
Seeing as the Pies are hand -pieced and hand -appliqued onto the background, I was a bit worried how it would stand up to the wear and washing ...so I did what I'll call "Liberated Quilting"...nothing fancy, just an all over swirls, curls and meandering quilting.... making sure the pies are well quilted down.
The borders have stitching in the ditch and vertical stitching length ways down the borders..
Now, lets see what's next on the list...catch up with my Civil War blocks...and waiting for some new fabric to arrive for something a little bit different again..
Take care...until next time..♥

32 comments:

  1. The orange border really sets the blocks off. Really pretty, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bright and I love your Pies & Turnovers Julia! Lucky DD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quilt for a young girl! love the mix of colours and the border is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous is that !!! Love it Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love it. You have done a wonderful job....

    Sandyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. The finished quilt is really great and I love seeing different interpretations of a quilt that lots of us have enjoyed stitching - well done. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. clapping hands coming your way!!!! super job, this brightens the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, WOW!! I am in love!! Can I be your daughter?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun quilt, were the blocks hard to do? Is this one for you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute quilt! I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are amazing Julia and the quilt is fab. Love it.
    Shirley.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGoodness Julia this is Gorgeous...I Love the Orange Border..
    what's Next?
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's wonderful, Julia! I think, more than you realize, you're more gifted at putting brights together. I love what you've created and think you should continue to do more of the same type of thing. The colors just speak... loudly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. absolutely beautiful. I think your are turning into a "bright quilter" it can be habbit forming.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! This turned out beautiful! I struggle with brights as well, you did a wonderful job with this one...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your Pies and Turnovers! Such a happy quilt..another amazing finish for you.. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely finish Julia, your chosen setting looks great. It is a very bright and happy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's just beautiful! Then again, all your quilts are! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did a lot of work. I like round shapes and the colours.
    Groetjes
    Annemieke

    ReplyDelete
  20. You managed to mix up the fabric lines so well, not easy to do, it's a great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's a masterpiece Julia. You clever thing you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. looks great! what a fun happy quilt
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, your bright quilts are just lovely Julia! You have such a good eye for color. I know you say it's a stretch to use brights, but you've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a bright and happy quilt. It is always a joy to finish. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These colors are a bit brighter than all your lovelies in your header, but you definitely have a knack for combining such diverse fabrics. Well done, Julia.
    It sounds like your "liberated quilting" is just the thing to make sure those pies stay put.
    BTW, love your title for this post. I had to chuckle when I read that one.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun and happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥