Saturday, March 5

Hearts for New Zealand...

After a bit of an up and down week with "stuff" to take care of, I managed to find some quiet time yesterday to put together some hearts for New Zealand...
A few years ago...I was in a Yahoo Chain of Hearts group with girls all over the world, we made Crazy Quilted hearts to swap with each other...it was such a lovely group of girls , but like all things, we tend to move on to other things.
I was so lucky to receive many beautiful hearts...so many in fact I didn't know what to do with them, it seems such a shame to have them put away in a cupboard and forgotten.....so...I thought I'd use them to make hearts for NZ... with all the sadness in NZ, I'm passing them on to someone there, in the hope they would cheer and make someone smile as they have me...
How cute are the two front ones...happy and bright...
The ones that had names on them ....I have written the names and where they are from on the back of the hearts, as I feel they deserve the credit for their making...
I'll save some hearts for another time... I did make a lovely garland with some, and that hangs on my sewing room window valance, where I get to see and enjoy the lovely memories and fun of that time....

Have a lovely weekend.... ♥

15 comments:

  1. Glad you could find the time for yourself.
    What a thoughtful gift you are giving someone in NZ. These are special and very lovely. I am sure they will make someone very happy:)
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very kind of you to pass the hearts along to others who need some cheer right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sewing room valance is perfect Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THose hearts will means such a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you have used the little hearts to decorate your valance, what a great idea! nicer than having them hidden away. A nice thought to send others on to someone else to appreciate. I've made a few more QAYG blocks this morning, and there'll be a few more made this arvo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is so thoughtful and will bring joy to someone else. I love the garland, what a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julia that is so kind of you. I can assure you no matter where they go they will be well and truly appreciated.
    hugs deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a generous and kind person Julia and your hearts will be received gratefully. It is a lovely and thoughtful act.
    Love Shirley.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julia,

    Those hearts are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those hearts are adorable....and I know someone will be cheered up by them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful idea with your hearts Julia!!! Love the hearts garland! 8-)

    Love your "Magic Gemstones"! Looking good!

    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I suspect that everyone that sent you those hearts would be very happy to know what you intend to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I look at these and my heart swells. Such talent your special friends. It is true that we drift on towards other things. Then I think how pleased everyone would be to know what they're work went for.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How kind of you, Julia. I know they will be loved, and well received. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your hearts! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥