Thursday, March 10

Civil war blocks...update

I was falling behind with my weekly Civil War blocks....So I got to yesterday afternoon and had a lovely time working on these three..

#9... Birds in the Bush...

# 10...Lincolin's Platform ...
The other Friday was the 150th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's inauguration.

#11...London Square...
I think working on the last two bright quilts swayed me a little to pick out the more brighter repro fabrics...which I think will be a good thing and add a nice lift to the darker repros that I usually stick to...
If you go to the blog site, there are some very interesting historical information along with the directions to make all the blocks.
It's nice to be caught up...can't wait to see and read about the next CW block now...have a nice day...♥

4 comments:

  1. Your civil war blocks are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are beautiful Julia!!! I should probably try and use some lighter fabric too, I tend to use the same darker hues!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blocks, I am so behind on these too. Good for you for catching up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥