Monday, March 28

Civil War blocks... 12 Louisiana & 13 Little Blue basket...


I fell in love with Joanne's quilt along idea of setting my Civil War blocks with the Alabama Variation block...so all credit must go to Joanne for the setting idea.....with the help of EQ7, I re-sized the block to fit in with my 8" CW blocks.. Just had to put some blocks together to see how they will look...

I love how the Alabama Variation block gives the illusion that the blocks are set on point..

Not the best picture...the colours on the variation block here, have come up really bright, but they are really more brown than this bright apricot colour.

Well, I'm caught up and looking forward to the next CW block and reading the history behind each block...so interesting!

A new week of stitching fun to look forward to...hope yours is a good one!

13 comments:

  1. I have been contemplating the setting for these blocks too. I came up with a 2" squares surrounding each block. Yours sounds much more exciting. Have you worked out how big the quilt will end up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your blocks are really lovely, I'm still wondering how I will put them together, I may have a play on EQ and see what I come up with. I am sure these blocks will make a great quilt, another 40 to go LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit that setting for these blocks crossed my mind too. I am sorry I missed her quilt along but I am glad that I found it via your blog.
    Your new blocks are lovely, the basket is very, very nice. Those blocks look great all together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and must be so interesting to learn the history of each block. Wishing you and Reno a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are looking good and what a great idea you have come up with for setting the blocks. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you're setting these blocks. You never cease to amaze me and you know what? Your fabric choices are divine & super duper yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those are all great and look fantastic together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look excellent together like that. This quilt is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those alternate blocks create a wonderful look, which indeed does make the blocks look like they're on point. Will this be your setting for sure? or are you just playing around and considering other possibilities?
    BTW, your fabric choices look lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the basket and pinwheel blocks and your setting looks fantastic. I haven't used this setting before and have always wanted to, it's a nice way to set blocks on point.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julia your blocks are just beautiful. What a lovely quilt it is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty.... this is going to be a lovely quilt. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your blocks are beautiful and I am really impressed by the setting! I think this is going to be a most wonderful quilt when you are finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥