Wednesday, February 16

That's Better...now I like it!

Remember that "Blah" Kansas Troubles block.....
...well, the more I looked at it, the more I didn't like it, so last night...
...I unpicked it and pieced in a bit of red....it just needed something, now I like it!

I've fallen in love with the quilt in Joanne of Thread Head's quilt-a-long....I love the Alabama Variation block setting Joanne has used.... pop on over and see, it's gorgeous...
I thought I would do the proper thing and send an email to ask Joanne's permission to use her idea with my Civil war blocks....Joanne kindly said, there was no need to ask, but I think it's the courteous thing to do.
Quilt University and EQ7 class to the rescue....I am loving this class, now we're on to building blocks....anyway, I needed to resize the Alabama block to 8 inches to suit the CW blocks, too easy...fabrics selected, now just need to get to and make a start on the blocks.
Can you tell I'm getting excited about starting this project!
Must make a move and get things started here...have a lovely day.....♥

14 comments:

  1. I do like the red also...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks much better, red is just what it needed!

    So, are you doing to do all 56 Civil War blocks, or just some of them? I'm very interested to see what you come up with! Joanne's quilt is indeed a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red is just what the block needed....looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I sure liked it before, but yes, that red makes all the difference. It's a lovely, lovely block!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also like the red a lot better. Ooooh, I look forward to see your setting blocks come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new block is looking good - there is no doubt about it a bit of red adds a zing! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Julia, love the red you added to the block....thankyou for the link of Joannes...a gorgeous quilt...Hugs Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. The addition of red to the block just makes it sparkle. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so funny,you just were not going to get that out of your mind. Even though we thought it was pretty, I am glad that you are happy now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That red certainly adds some life to the block. Joanne's quilt is just gorgeous, I really like that setting. Thanks for pointing me in her direction.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done with the unpicking! Something I tend to do alot :) Your blocks ar lookinhg fabulous...I am still way behind.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The red adds just the right look on that Kansas Troubles block Julia! 8-)

    My friend Phyllis is doing Joanne's quilt-a-long. In fact that is Phyllis's quilt photos Joanne had posted... Looking good hey! 8-)
    Have fun with it yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The blocks look great - I like the "pop" of red.
    Enjoy making the alternating blocks - it is all going to be beautiful!♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥