Saturday, February 19

Quick Quilt ....can you help!

I need to make a quick quilt...I remember seeing a quilt some time ago that I loved and thought it was really stunning....it was done in strips like what I'm trying to do here...
This is for someone else who loves bright!I used my GO cutter to cut 2 1/2 inch strips out of my Kaffe fabrics...
I remember seeing a quilt something like this on a blog somewhere...but after hours of searching, googling rail fence, basket weave, nothing like I saw came up....
The one I saw looked like the blocks were sashed in a dark fabric and off set to make it look like a basket weave design.....I don't even know what it would be called.
I've seen it on many blogs, loved it and now I want to make it, I can't find it!
I have a bit of an idea on how they went together, but I just want to see if I'm doing it the right way..
If you did this quilt or block please leave me a comment with a link...Thanks so much.......♥

EDIT.... Bloggers are amazing!. thank you all so much....These bloggers sent me links to the above pattern I was looking for..

Pia...Ruby...Mary...Lurline...Natalie (no blog link found)...

Thank you girls...♥

11 comments:

  1. I have the book Loose Change by Claudia Plett and Le Ann Weaver and the quilt is called Nickel Bricks.
    This blog post shows the book and the quilt: http://flymybutterflywings.blogspot.com/2009/10/new-quilt-project-nickel-bricks.html

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know but here's a variation

    http://www.quilterscache.com/R/RomanSquareBlock.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog has a guest blogger, so you'll want to check out Mary's site too. Links are in the post.

    http://stashmanicure.blogspot.com/2011/01/humble-rail-fence-quilt.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://quilterie.blogspot.com/2010/10/old-block-new-quilt.html

    Could this be it, Julia?
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could it be "Sparkling Gemstones" from the book Jelly Roll Quilts of Pam & Nicky Lintott ?
    Hope you find it in due time :-)
    Hugs Pia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again
    I found one finished here http://gardeningquiltsandtheuniverse.blogspot.com/2011/01/finished-sparkling-gemstones.html
    Hugs Pia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bloggers are the best at asking for help, glad you found what you were looking for, it's going to be a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it frustrating Julia, we see so many wonderful things as we wander through the blogs but remembering them all, now that is difficult.
    Good to see your blogging friends coming to the rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful fabrics in a simple pattern.......and WAH-la!! it's SO VERY STUNNING! and...another one hits meee list! (of so want to make-its)

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Day, Julia,
    Glad you have found the pattern - should be a great quilt!
    Love and Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad that your husband is okay.

    Loved your goodies in the mail.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥