Thursday, January 27

Some Eye Candy....quilts for little ones

I just had to share with you..... ...these three beautiful "I Spy" quilts that my dear quilting friend Lois made for little ones in foster care....
As Lois said these little ones in foster care often do not have anything they can call their own, but having a comfort quilt like this, it can be their very own and go with them wherever they have to move on to......
Another special quilt for a special little one...
Also this lovely quilt for some little one...
I'm sure these quilt will be bring lots of comfort, treasured and be loved to bits...Oh... Lois also made tote bags for the quilts to go in...sorry I forgot to gets pics of them.
You are very special too Lois... the little ones will love them...♥
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Thought I would show you what I have learnt to do in my Quilt Uni lessons..I really did do these on my EQ7...I didn't think I would ever be able to work my EQ7 out..
How cool is that..!
Well, no prizes for guessing these are repro colours...I did the sampler quilt in repro colours....couldn't help it!Here is a label I also made on my EQ7 lesson.
Until next time, happy stitching..... ♥

13 comments:

  1. Julia, they are ALL just gorgeous, I bet there are 3 happy wee ones.

    We are in a blizzard literally right now ... YippEE!

    Have a wonderful day ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little quilts for the foster kids are so sweet. We have a similar program here called Project Linus where quilts are made for those children up to age eighteen who have suffered trauma of some sort in their lives.

    When my father was in the hospital just before he died, there was a lady who crocheted an afghan for each new patient who came in. These blankets of love just mean so much. I have the afghan now and will treasure it always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On Ya Lois. the quilts are gorgeous and I am sure they will cheer up a little one somewhere.
    I hope to encourage our group to make some for this project too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your QU lessons - I am also doing it...but am so far behind I am just downloading to do it later I hope. You look like you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing very well with your EQ7. You will be lecturing soon.
    Great quilts for the kids. Never hear enough good news stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am about to purchase EQ7. After seeing what you have done, I cannot wait. Lois did such a great job on the comfort quilts. Reminds me I need to get busy on my Linus quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely thing to do for a child in need! I've heard of people doing handmade teddy bears or other stuffed animals, but not quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Julia, lovely quilts for the littlies...I have recently purchased EQ7....lessons would be a good idea???? enjoyed seeing your patterns... Hugs Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is funny that your post is about "I Spy" quilts as I am starting one right now. Those quilts are so sweet and is so kind. They will be so loved.
    Good for you with your EQ, I will say, I gave up!!! (even after a lesson)!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you did with EQ7...All your projects are wonderful!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good eye candy as always, Julia. I have been thinking of the EQ7 and almost got one today, Monday will be the lucky day. Was it hard to make those pretty designs, Julia?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful eye spy quilts Lois made there Julia, and good for you with the EQ7! What an awesome quilt pattern you've created there!!! I hope to get the EQ7 program at some point...soon! lol!
    How wonderful auctioning off a few things for the flood relief fund! Good for you! 8-)
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My friend is an emergency foster mum, she shared how a little wee baby had his first Christmas (just gone) he had no gifts to open - except a card & small gift from his social worker - no clothes of his own... Just real, real sad!
    I am sure the quilts will be treasured.

    Love Leanne NZ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥