Tuesday, January 11

North Star..CW block 2......Update on Pies

CW block # 2...North Star


This is great doing these CW blocks.....I look forward to each new block every week, one a week is so easy to do and I love seeing all the different colour blocks that the girls around the world are piecing.....♥

Auditioning sashing for my Pies and Turnovers quilt.

Playing around yesterday with the sashing, I've settled on this option. I tried little pinwheels corner stones...but I thought they were too fussy, too much...then I tried little 4 patches, hmm....still to much, so this simple 2 inch sq corner stone on 2 inch sashing won out.

Teamed up with the half tri's, I think it finishes it off beautifully, adds another dimension....I think now I 'll have to rethink my border...

Another scorcher today....bush fires down south here..homes lost.
My thoughts go out to the people over east, who are having the worst floods ever..so much devastation..

Stay safe everyone.....♥

7 comments:

  1. Yes I agree - simple is best in this case. Nice little monkey wrench look going on. I just want to let you know you have plenty of time to get this done for my birthday - lol ! Seriously I absolutely want to make one of these for myself - so pretty. I am in 2 minds about the Civil War quilt - very tempted though xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I like that sashing a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you are moving right along. squares look great

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your pies and tarts is coming along! Good choice with the plain squares for the cornerstones! I love how it looks like another block in there with the HSTs! You're brilliant! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is looking great! I feel for all the people who are threatened by mother nature. You stay safe as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your North Star turned out great! And I love your pies and tarts, very pretty! You are in the heat of the summer, and we are in the frigid winter here, such opposites...my prayers to the victims of the flooding.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥