Wednesday, January 26

Happy Australia day...Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Today the 26th January is our national Australia Day.
Here you can read about our History
We are having a lovely mild day of 29 degrees Celsius today so I think there will be a lot of barbecues getting fired up here today.
There's nothing like a barbie, it doesn't matter if you have just eaten, the smell of a neighbours barbecue, just makes you want to have one too.

I'd like to share a couple of Aussie things with you...
These are my Dh's great books of poems by two very famous Aussies and illustrated by another famous Aussie Pro Hart..

Here's a little piece from another great Aussie poem written by Dorothea Mackellar


MY COUNTRY
I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror
The wide brown land for me!


This day is so special for me...a day to reflect on the last few years and give gratitude for my blessings... a day that three years ago today changed my life forever...a day to be thankful for in many ways...

I thank family and friends for being there for us..

From my heart...♥

13 comments:

  1. Hi Julia and Happy Australia Day. I love the smell of barbecues; it just makes me hungry to think about that wonderful smell. Sending love to you, Reno and the family. May God bless you all. Love, Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Australia day !! I have very fond memories of tall ship parade in Sidney harbor on Australia day 1996 ... and not so fond memories of the huge sunburn i got that day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Australia Day! And I hope the weather behaves itself for a good lonnng time. Julia, I have heard so much about "barbies." Could you describe a barbie sometime? How is it done? Sauce or no? Favorite meat? Sides? What makes it special? Yummm Curious minds --and tastebuds-- want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Julia, have a good day. Ours is a low key day at home with family, nice lunch and then watch the tennis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful Australia day, we'll be haeting up the barbie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Australia Day! What will be the menu for the barbie? Love learning about the customs of other countries. May your days continue to be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Australia Day Julia! Are you lighting up the barbie today & cooking some lamb chops? nom nom! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Australia Day! Oi, oi, oi! I think it's time for me to make pavlova!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending you a special big hug Julia. Have a great day. Have read the poem by Dorothea Mackellar and it is quite something.
    Love Shirley.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥