Thursday, January 6

First 2011 Finish....

It's only 6 days into the New Year, and I'm happy to have a finish...

Now that's a great start !...only hope now that I can keep up with finishing projects off and not have too many more UFO's....I'm so pleased with how this turned out.
A little great grand daughter would be lovely to give this too.... smile....one day!
Here's a close up of the quilting...very simple cross-hatch through the nine patches and orange peel or melon seeds as some call it, on the pinwheels...

What's next...maybe I should try and finish the Pies and Tarts quilt...hmm, not sure about that one, perhaps I might change it a bit...do it my way!....♥

Please spare a thought for our folk on the East coast who are doing it really tough right now.....

More than 200,000 people in 40 communities across Queensland – in an area greater than France and Germany combined – have been affected by the floods. About 1,200 homes have been inundated by floodwaters, with another 10,700 homes affected and 4,000 residents evacuated. Ten people have died during the disaster....

....also Carnarvon, about 900 kilometres north of Perth in my own state, at the mouth of the Gascoyne River, has been gripped by its worst flood since 1960.... and here we are further south, in need a some good rainfalls as our dam is very low....and water restrictions are in place..

My heart goes out to them. So sad to know they are starting off the New Year like this....♥

In our thoughts...♥

18 comments:

  1. Wow! A finish already! It is beautiful!

    Yes, the flooding in Queensland is devastating. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little quilt is just a little darling - well done. I like the quilting too.
    the floods - wow, what on earth is happening to our world? My prayers are with all those poor people affected by the floods.
    Miche'le

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the doll quilt is adorable, congratulations on finish #1.
    My heart and prayers go to the people suffering in this disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just Gorgeous Julia..I'm sure one day it will have a New Home.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry for all of the flooding, haven't been keeping up with the news.

    Love the little quilt and yes, some great grand daughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on a beautiful finish Julia! You're off to a great start for the new year! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great finish - such a lovely doll quilt. I just keep on with the Pies and Tarts in between other projects and the pie count is now 32 with the target being 64.
    It is wet here in the Far North but nothing like the devastation a bit further south - we are certainly thinking of them all. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great little quilt it is!! We get to see the floodings every evening on our news bulletin and they give me the shivers. Much more rain and storm expected I heard. Think it will take soooo much time to clean everything. Big hug for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard of the devastation caused by the floods and am saddened about that. Mother Nature has behaved very harshly in recent years. *sigh* Your doll quilt is so pretty. I love your fabric choices and your quilting is just right for that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Julia,
    Your Go Doll quilt is very very pretty and I love the colors.

    I also received a GO for Christmas too. I cut some Rose of Sharon applique out from 100% wool and it worked great. I am looking forward to using it allot more. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you have one finish. My promise to myself this year is to try not to satrt some new qulit projects. Try to finish those I have :-)

    Happy New Year Julia !

    Hugs Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  12. You will be unstoppable this year with your Go. The little quilt is delightful.
    It is so unbalanced, down south we would welcome the water but up north they are overwhelmed with it. Hopefully the worst is over and the clean up begins.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That little quilt is just darling!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a happy quilt - it is lovely. It is nice to light up the day when the flooding is all around you. Keep quilting and I send you all me best wishes and happy thoughts :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Didn't you also have an early 2010 finish? "Sew" inspirational!

    Yes, my thoughts and prayers are with those who are enduring the floods right now. Fires to the west and now floods to the east. So much to endure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥