Tuesday, December 7

Doesn't Get Much Better , than ....

...having a gathering with friends...
My Tuesday patchwork group decided to do things a bit different this year for our Christmas wind up gathering...so we had a Christmas breakfast..
It was just lovely, getting together, relaxing and chatting about the year that was, our friendships and what a great bunch of girls we have in our group..

One of the girls was thrilled to bits to receive this lovely tote bag made by Glenys...isn't it gorgeous and colourful..
This was my gift from our secret santa...a pretty fat 1/4, great for my pies and tarts...check out those sharp little scissors, I had never seen these before..thank you Santa
Then a lovely handmade card from Anne...
Well as another quilty year comes to an end...I want to thank the girls for their friendships, hugs and support when it was needed...
May you all have a wonderful, safe and joyful Christmas with family and friends...♥
To top off a great day...I got mail today....all the way from Jane.
So lovely and fresh, I love these 1930's fabrics...
Til next time...have a lovely day...♥

15 comments:

  1. Now that's a big group to get together for breakfast! What fun! Looks like everyone was all smiles! Isn't Jane the best!!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like your group was having a great time.
    I've had snips like yours for a couple years. They're my favorite lightweight tool for clipping threads as I sew. I'm sure you'll enjoy them.
    That's a great group of 1930s fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't beat good friends Julia. They are what keep us going day to day. Looks like you had a lovely time.
    Love Shirley.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you all had a wonderful time. The scissors look natty too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breakfast is a great idea and it looks like you all had a wonderful time! Those scissors do look interesting! I ordered some FQ from Jane as well but am still waiting for mine. Yours look lovely and I know you will do amazing things with them!
    Hugs - Shari

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely way to start the day. That looks like a very large group!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Julia, The tote has a butterfly fabric! Very cute!
    I love your new fabric also. What a blessing to enjoy the love and support of this group of women. Thank you for sharing the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you all had fun! Have a Lovely Christmas- all of you!
    Hugs, megxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, that was a wonderful day! Looks like everyone had a great time. That looks like a great group of quilters. The fabrics are so pretty, too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what a wonderful party you all had! It is always fun for quilters getting together, no matter what the reason is. I want to thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I just love doing Bonnies' mysteries, a great way to use of alot of leftovers from other quilt projects.
    Have a wonderful holiday season and may the New Year bring you health, happiness, and quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julia,

    That just looks like GREAT FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  12. a lovely day with all the girls.........

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a big group of quilting ladies. Merry Christmas to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a large group, and it looks like you were all having a great time. Love those 30s fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥