Friday, December 10

Back on Track..

It's nice to be back on track...this is what I really want to get on with.
Last night I managed to applique two little Calico Garden blocks...these are just 3 inches finished, so tiny, but I loved doing these two .
I'm really pleased with how the little pansy turned out...pansies are one of my favourite flowers...♥
From Me to Me...
I treated myself to a little Christmas present.....Hancock's were having a great deal on the Accquilt Go cutter with free shipping, so how could I not take up the offer....and with our $ being so good right now it was the best time to Go for it ..
The extra dies I ordered have arrived, but the Go cutter is on back order...oh, I can't wait for the cutter to arrive so I can have a play with it..
I wasn't sure what dies to get... I thought the hexagon die would be a good start, and in three sizes too. Then I thought circles for Yo-yo's, berries, flowers...and the tumbler die, it's a bit big at 6 inches but it would be a nice quick quilt to make, use up some scraps...
Have a lovely weekend, take care on the roads.....♥

14 comments:

  1. Love your calico garden blocks.
    It must be hard to have the dies and not the cutter. Hope that it arrives soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute flower blocks, pansies have a personality, I think that is why they are so liked.
    So if your applique blocks are 3" then your nine patches are too!Tiny and oozing cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well everyone is getting the GO! I have the Sizzix die cutter that I've used for scrapbooking and I have been getting some good of it for appliques.

    Your quilt is lovely!

    Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little flower blocks are so sweet! Congratulation on getting a GO! I have the hexagon die too, although I haven't used it yet. I'd like to get the circle one someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you with the new GO Julia! Let us know if you like it and think it's a good value.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are so nice and I'm happy you are getting the GO cutter. You will find it saves a lot of time and the accuracy is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yes, I'm lovin' it. Looks great will be a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just checked my 3" x 3" measurement. Oh but they are small but so very cute. I love this design - nine patches and applique - just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are going to love the GO!
    Have fun with it! I love your quilt!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice Christmas gift from you to you! I keep entering Accuquilt GO blogger giveaways hoping to win one. Personally, I'd go for curved templates because those are shapes we (at least ME), don't often cut out for ourselves. Shapes like Apple Core and Drunkard's Path.

    I hope you'll share your experience with the GO, once you get it. I, for one, will be watching and living vicariously! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very pretty Julia. Hope you and Reno have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to enjoy watching your calico garden grow, the blocks are so sweet. I bet you're busting to have a go on the go. A great Chrissy present.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww - the applique is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many people are getting these, I'm going to have to investigate. Your little flowers are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥