Monday, November 8

Weekend Pinwheels..

Yes...I do love Kaffe in pinwheels..
It was a lovely couple of days playing with these pinwheels...still lots more to make, but now I'm trying to decide how to set them.....straight on or on point !.
On point I would have to think about setting triangles...on second thoughts.. straight on would be easier, perhaps with a pieced border..
I do love the quilt Pinwheels and Poppies that Lurline has on her blog right now...I love how the pinwheels are set in groups of four with sashing in between. I think the sashing helps to separate and define the pinwheels more...not just a mass of colour, also it would make the quilt that little bit bigger ...
Off to play and make more pinwheels and ponder on the setting...
A new week...sewing, creating, what ever you do...hope you get to do what you love...♥

14 comments:

  1. I like the pinwheel blocks. If you set them on point you don't necessarily need to use setting triangles, do you? Why not just half of the block, diagonally?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful blocks, and I love the quilt set together with sashing...whatever you decide, it will be beautiful! Have fun playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, square would be easier but on point is oh so delicious!
    Either way Julia they look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pinwheels - it gives me ideas for my ever growing collection of Kaffe. I popped over and saw Lurline's quilt - that is a great setting.-you can't go wrong with a straight set or on point. Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pinwheel blocks are so nice! If it was up to me, I'd go "on point." A quilt has so much more interest when it's set on a diagonal. And, if you want the quilt to end up larger, it's definitely the way to go. I'll be very interested to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is going to be another beautiful quilt!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see a new beauty taking shape. I love pinwheels too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like the way Lurline set her squares! Using Kaffe fabrics - I'd leave the sashing squares whole - not four-patch. Just a thought! Whatever you do - it will be a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pinwheels are an easy way to get use to Kaffe fabric. Surprisingly, I love them and may have to copy you and make some. How big are your blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm, yummy! I just love this combo. It's perfect and fun and clean and simple and jubilant all at once. You inspire me with this one. Definitely you do. Much inspired. Inspired. Yes. Inspired. Just to make my point. hee. On point with *karendianne. hee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love pinwheels......must make a pinwheel quilt.......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really love pinwheels. I love Kaffe yet I never have a stash. Hmm need to fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks beautiful Julia. I'd be tempted to set them on point too. Maybe with half pinwheel triangles?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy. I think I like to make a pinwheel quilt too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥