Sunday, November 28

Lost Pattern....DWR quilt

Well I have turned my sewing room upside down 3 times...
The elusive Double Wedding Ring pattern is no where to be found...but a dear patchwork friend came to my rescue , and lent me the book that the pattern is in. It's a beautiful book, full of beautiful romantic quilt patterns...
This is the quilt...the instructions are really great.
Done in strips...very easy to understand and has to be the easiest way I have seen to piece together the DWR quilt...
Sorry I can't show you the instructions...I loved making my DWR, I'm going to make another one next year in 1930's repro fabrics..This is the one I made for our 40th wedding anniversary...
Hope your all having a wonderful weekend..♥

10 comments:

  1. I did a method of sewing strips, cutting what you need, and then resewing the seams on an angle to get the curve. Too much sewing. Is this method anything like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have wanted to make a weddin ring quilt I found this book on amazon and will try it out.
    melisa b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad someone was able to come to your rescue Julia but you know your pattern will pop up when you least expect it ..they always do..
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great buddy! I'm going to love seeing it in 30's fabrics and the DWR is a favourite pattern of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great quilt friend. You are very lucky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't friends great! Now you can spend time on the project instead of stewing about finding the pattern.. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful quilt! you made a great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥