Friday, November 26

Come Out, Come Out Wherever You Are...

Isn't it so frustrating when you know you have a pattern somewhere, and you just can not find it...arhhh!
I had a dear friend over to visit yesterday and I was looking for a pattern to show her of an easy way to do a Double Wedding Ring quilt ...do you think I could find it!
I made one from this pattern for our 40th wedding anniversary...it was such a great way to piece together in strips, made it so easy without having to cut up little pieces of fabric and piece together... I also want to make another one in '30's fabrics...where are you pattern?
Now that the pinwheel quilt is finished, I can't decide whether to start on this gorgeous quilt I found in a magazine...
...isn't it lovely ...or...

this one....I have had this pattern for some time..
I come across it from time to time, look at it and put it away again..maybe I should just start on it..
I hope you are having a lovely week...These roses I cut from my garden yesterday.
Off to look for that DWR pattern....

13 comments:

  1. Good luck on your search....I know how it goes, happens to me all the time......and when I do finally run across it, it's right where it should have been... I love the Flowers and Stones quilt.. I think I would have to go with that one next.. If I can get past Christmas, Thanksgiving is over here now, I can get on to something that "want" to do..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lose things all the time Julia! Your roses are absolutely stunning. I just wish I could smell their lovely fragrance. Both of the quilts are pretty and you know I love baskets of flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you find the pattern Julia! The roses are so beautiful! Especially when I just came in from snow/ice/10degree weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, make the quilt from the magazine. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That happens to me too Julia - my efficient storage system !!! Love both patterns and the colorway inspiration in your roses has me going. I am sure whichever you choose to do it will be great and finished in no time at all.
    Love Shirley.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEP Know what you mean...hope you find the pattern otherwise it will bug you till you do...Oh do the Quilt from the magazine Julia it has your name written all over it...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know just how that feels, I can't find a purse I need with all my cards in them, I put it somewhere silly I guess. I love that quilt from the magazine, it seems to be just right for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss place thing often but find them sooner or later. The roses are beautiful. Ours are long gone since winter is coming. I enjoyed seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is so frustrating to look for something you know you have....your flowers are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the quilt...it is just stunning!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always put things in a place for safe keeping, thinking I'll find it later. Then I don't remember where I put it. LOL I guess it's human nature right?? At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Those patterns are wonderful, can't wait to see what you start next. Your flowers are lovely, I have some gorgeous bright pink roses blooming now too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, I'd go for the Flowers and Stones pattern. I'm a sucker for applique, though I don't often complete what I start. I sure think it's pretty though, and that one would make up fabulously in some bright, modern colors. That's the direction I'd go, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julia, I hope you find the pattern. The roses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥