Tuesday, October 5

Playing with Millie # 2...

Hmmm....not sure about this one, I'm not that fond of orange, but I just had to do one orange block to see what it would look like. The flower on the right is not stitched down yet
I remember when teaching Silk Ribbon Embroidery, we would start with the flowers and then add the greenery last.
The girls were always very iffy about their work and not sure if they liked it or not...I would tell them the greenery, leaves etc, would pull it all together and bring it to life...which it always did and they would love it!
Not that I can compare SRE with this but, I'm sure a few leaves and stems will pull this all together. It's very fiddly to do and sometimes the freezer paper is hard to get out.

You know, the more I look at it here as I write this up the more it's growing on me!

Off to my Tuesday sewing group today...hope you have a great day..♥

16 comments:

  1. I think it looks gorgeous, there are no colours not in nature. It's going to be wonderful. It is a bit of a stretch moving into the brights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! So tropical and exotic! Can't wait to see it with leaves! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the orange Julia, it's so vibrant and out of the box, love it..
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia, This is going to be beautiful! So cheerful! Have lots of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Julia. Very different to what you normally work with but it look great with the leaves.
    Hope you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fantastic so far! And remember it's not an orange quilt! But a little orange with all the other colours will keep it fresh and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Looks like flames, very hot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fabric/colors Julia!! Go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia.

    This is so nice. How intereting to see your lovely fabrics turn out in these flowers. Beautiful !!

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flowers look pretty already. You are right with the green. It will make a total difference.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! Is it all cut from the same fabric? I just recently purchased the Aunt Millie pattern and have been trying to decide on a background and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the block is going to be stunning. It is good to step out of your colour comfort zone occasionally. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that orange is an integral part of the garden and will fit right in with the others. I understand your hesitation but it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If the flowers were all orange, I would not like it. There is pink, green, yellow that I see and it pulls it all together. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Aunt Millie's garden pattern is great. I love the colours you are using. At the end there will be a few flowers hopefully, with a bit of orange so they will blend in, I think.
    Groetjes
    Annemieke

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Aunt Millie's blocks are gorgeous. Are you the one coming to Shipshewana next month? Your Dear Jane is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥