Sunday, October 17

Been Shopping...

for something new to do... I've always loved this Calico Garden pattern, it incorporates the two piecing methods I love to do.... nine patches and hand applique go so well together.
A gorgeous little quilt, with whimsical appliques dotting the plain blocks and borders...

I also bought a little gadget for making rag rugs...I thought perhaps I could use up some scraps to make a couple of bath mats...and a template for a little pincushion that's like a little double wedding ring pattern....♥
Aunt Millie is progressing nicely...just the centres for the flowers and the bigger centre piece to add to block #3.....Hmm, I'm wondering if this fabric colour choice will work..

Well, it's too nice day today to be indoors..so I'm off outside..
Have a great day..♥

14 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying beautiful weather Julia. I am loving the Aunt Millie blocks. I see so many rag rugs ~ I'll look forward to seeing your creations and I love the new quilt pattern. Love to you and Reno.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julia you will love making Calico Garden, I made mine many years ago but changed the border and have taught the class often ( of course all students having a pattern)
    The pattern is also in the book Enduring Grace, lovely book and it is being re-printed.
    Have a great sunday
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Aunt Millie's blocks. Because of your beautiful colors, I ordered the book. Received it yesterday....can't wait to start making it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your choice of colour for the block is SuPeRb! Just LoVe it!!!!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like money well spent Julia. The rag rug looks like fun and I like the idea of those bath mats. Aunt Millie is looking good too,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been on vacation and haven't been able to visit blogs regularly. I do like your Aunt Millie and I"m sure that Calico Garden pattern will yield a real beauty in your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. I make rag rugs but twine them. How does that tool work? Lois

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your aunt millie is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What can you tell me about your Aunt Millie pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours you've chosen are so nice. It's going to be a stunner when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a lot of work on your Aunt millie blocks already, in very short time I think. Very beautifull, I like each one and am very curious about the whole quilt coming together. And also about your bathmats:)
    Groetjes
    Annemieke

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice goodies there, I can't wait to see how the rag rug comes together, another way to use stash!
    Your block is looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aunt Millie is lovely!
    I do love nine patches too, and am thinking I need to be making some just in case the Mojo comes back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥