Wednesday, October 13

Aunt Millie..Block #3

Aunt Millie is starting to bloom another flower...I am really enjoying these blocks, each one is different and inspiring to work on. Picking the fabric and fussy cutting is fun, and seeing it come to life makes me want to keep going on it until it's done....♥

Yesterday "Girlfriends" met at Dear Gwen's lovely home for another get together sewing day ..always great fun...chatting, eating, sewing...yes I did manage a few stitches!

I just had to share these amazing quilts the girls made...above is Dear Pattie with her Liberty houses quilt. Gwen there helping to hold up the quilt...Pattie does the most amazing work, every time we see her she has another quilt either on the go or finished!

Here's Dear Teena holding up a beautiful quilt she made up in Japanese fabrics.. isn't it stunning.
I believe Teena said this one is going to be donated to an Aged People's home...just beautiful Teena!
This is another one Teena made...again very lovely...the colours just pop among the black fabric.
I think Teena said this one is also going to be donated to someone needy...
Teena said she loves to make quilts, but one can only keep so many...that's so very generous and lovely of Teena...some lucky person will love it..
Happy stiching...

14 comments:

  1. When I did counted cross-stitch I was the same way. Once I could see things coming together, I had trouble stopping! Your friends' quilts are so lovely and what a great idea to dontate to those in need. Blessings to you and Reno.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block is looking great and the quilts are all lovely. I'm fond of the house quilt. I think Teena is wonderful and it's so nice that the quilts are going to be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your block is just wonderful...loved seeing all the quilts you showed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aahh Julia you really are stepping out..Love your fabrics in this one..Striking.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely show and tell Julia. What wonderful Girlfriends you have and so generous.
    Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I luv japanese fabric and yes, oh my goodness that is delicious. Wow!!!!

    I'm so happy to see another Aunt Millie block. I really enjoy watching you enjoy this. Your joy has evolved into excitement it's felt across the miles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be another stunning block - I love your colour choice. The quilts are fabulous and what a talented group of friends you have. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful block Julia - I see you have been busy. Loved all the 'girlfriends' quilts...looks like you had a great day

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all beautiful quilts, and how generous of Teena.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Julia, I really admire your and your friends love and dedication towards the art of quilting. I've only made 2 quilt baby blankets and they are both so precious to me. So I understand the value of the quilts - they are so precious! Teena is a very generous soul indeed! How I envy you gals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I lovd seeing all of the quilts Julia....They were all beautiful!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too am embarking on this pattern, I love selecting the fabrics. I told myself this would be a slow burner project, but once I see some of the blocks I can't stop myself, almost like a fever. LOL
    Great work Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved the quilt held up made by Teena. That was so beautiful. All of the quilts were so pretty but that one really struck my fancy. Thank you for sharing. Lois

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your block is beautiful, love the bright fabrics! I just bought this pattern the other day. Thanks for sharing those gorgeous quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥