Thursday, October 21

Added to my garden..

...is Aunt Millie's block #3.
Shades of blue, purples and lime greens to add a bit of zing to the block..
While I think about Aunt Millie's # 4 block, I thought I would make a start on my Calico Garden nine patches...
Why make only one nine patch when it's just as easy to make two!
Tiny little 3 inch nine patches with a fussy cut centre squares for the Calico Garden and another nine patch for another quilt somewhere along the line... nine patches are so versatile, so they will be nice to have on hand..
For this quilt ...I'm trying to stay away from the darker shades of repro browns and muddy colours, and see if I can come up with a brighter repro colourful garden quilt...

Friday already tomorrow...hope you have a lovely day...♥

16 comments:

  1. I sewed many 9 patches for a swap recently and really enjoyed playing with the colour combinations. Some worked really well and others were put aside and the combinations never repeated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I have said it before BUT I just love the colours in Aunt Millie's block.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Aunt Millie's block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Julia, enjoyed seeing the colour combination of your nine patch blocks....Warm Regards Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work...both on Aunt Millie and on the 9-patch blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love squares and nine patches and flowers - this is going to be another little master piece... have fun! Aunt Millie is going to have a great garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors that you are using for Aunt Millie, I found some Kafe Fasset on sale and bought some to use in my Aunt Millie. Now all I have to do is decide on a background color.
    I went over to the Hopla site, for the first time and wow they have a lot of beautiful patterns.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Aunt Millie blocks are breathtaking. The color choices are simply fantastic. these have to be the most striking I have seen. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Block three looks great! Now I want to see the first three blocks laid out together! This is going to be a beautiful quilt! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is interesting seeing what each person chooses for their Aunt Millie applique blocks. You made good choices for yours. Are there 12 blocks in all?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia, I love the greens in that Aunt Millie's block. I hope you and Reno will have a nice weekend. Hopefully your weather is still very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Block is Gorgeous...just Love your Fabrics..
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful applique block! Love those little 9 patches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Aunt Millie's block is just gorgeous!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh those lime fabrics REALLY work in this block. :) Plus your nine patches are so, so delightful. Oh so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥