Tuesday, September 14

Tuesday Treasures...

Two treasures to share with you this week...
The beautiful ornamental porcelain iron came back with me from a trip to Malta back in 1974...I was so scared it would get broken, I carried it very carefully in my hand luggage...
I just love it, not sure what it was meant to be used for, perhaps a planter, but I have it on display in my kitchen...a lovely souvenir of our trip back home....
A few years ago my DD Linda gave me this special little book "My Special Mother " of poems about Mother's..it's just so sweet...there have been times when I would take a few quiet moments to myself just reading a poem or two and feeling so very grateful for my special girl...

...Pop on over to Clare's Craft Room ...Clare has been hosting Tuesday's treasures for a few weeks now, see all the lovely treasures the girls are sharing today....

19 comments:

  1. The porcelain iron and keepsakes book are precious together on display Julia. Beautiful painting on the iron. Thanks for sharing today and I hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love iron thingy. I've never seen anything like it. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes I love the iron too ! Lovely little book as well , true treasures 1 Thanks for showing us Julia and playing along .

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both very beautiful things. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello hello Julia,
    These are beautiful treasures... I too love the iron and the little book... both have wonderful memories for you. Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely treasures - the iron is beautiful and I love little books that remind us of how special we are to someone....
    Hugz
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the porcelain iron and the special book. What special memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely treasures. I love the porcelain iron. So unusual.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What sweet and special things. I love the 'iron'!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful treasures. They look so good together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How gorgeous, very special keepsakes Julia, thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julia, I can just imagine you carrying this very special item, wrapped excessively for protection, on its journey to your home. I too carried a glass bowl home from Venice. It sits as a constant reminder of our family holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. s
    The iron is so pretty and there nothing quite as special as a daughter. Great treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. how extremely delicate and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julia, the porcelain iron is just sweet and the book I am sure is priceless , a gift of love ,two lovely treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Julia, love your porcelain iron, it's beautiful. What a lovely treasure. I have one of those books from my sister about Sisters love. It's very special.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your porcelain iron, a perfect treasure for you as a quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what a beautiful site you quilts are so nice and your taste in your collections is great! Thank you for sharing with everyone. You have brighten my day.
    Karen Vaillette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥