Saturday, September 25

Time to Smell the Tulips...Photo heavy

Yesterday was the perfect day to be out smelling the Tulips up at Araluen..
A beautiful spot up in the shady hills of Perth.. every year in the beginning of spring the tulips come out in abundance, This spot just seems to be the perfect place for a spectacular show of tulips dancing in the gentle breeze.. Tulips everywhere of every colour that they come in......Pretty Primula border in the foreground
Little electric train to tour the grounds....trees in blossom everywhere...

Row of orange and yellow tulips brighten up a stone wall.. Memorial Arbor...each pillar is dedicated to volunteers that helped to make the gardens what they are today.. the wisteria here is just finished flowering...looks spectacular when the wisteria is hanging down in full bloom.
I remember the many happy times we spent with family here...the B-B-Q's, laughing , the kids running around playing, chasing each other playing tag
My favourite...wisteria draping over a pergola that shades the outdoor area of the cafe....
On my arrival home from a lovely day out with DH and friend Jenni was this parcel waiting for me... Frosted doughnut of threads...from Piece O' Cake ...
I'm sure this will be all the colours I'll need to applique the Kaffe bright fabrics...this thread feels really lovely...very fine and soft.
Another glorious day outside...I hope you have time to smell the flowers today...♥
Hugs Julia

25 comments:

  1. What a delightful post Julia. The flowers and trees blooming are spectacular! Tulips are one of my favorites and I can imagine the Wisteria smelled heavenly. I also love your beautiful new thread. Enjoy your weekend. Love to you and Reno.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos Julia! This must be the time of year I should schedule my visit to Perth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Julia, what a heavenly place... I can see why you love it there.
    Thanks for sharing xx
    Do enjoy those pretty threads!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what lovely pictures! Tulips are my favorite flower and this place looks so peaceful - thanks for sharing this lovely visit! Happy stitching -

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous spot.......thanks for sharing.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat name...frosted donuts!
    Beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter is an exchange student at Edith Cowen U this semester. I've forwarded your blog entry to her so that she can go see it for An Adventure. :-)

    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful day you had...And here is fall coming.I wish I could be in both places at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHHHH...AAAAAHHH...LOVE these photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the tulips Julia. You won't be disappointed with the threads they are fabulous to use.
    Love Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Araluen is so beautiful isn't it, the perfect place to enjoy our lovely sunny weather! the tulips are amazing!
    Great threads too, and aren't they perfect for your brights!
    Have a great weekend!
    Jen xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photographs!!!

    Have fun with the threads.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colours in the gardens and the threads as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the stone wall...
    I have gone crazy with Spring garden photos this year......trying to cover lack of quilting....but I did buy heaps of bulbs..great lack of planting planning though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifull pictures of that garden! I too like wisteria very much.
    Have a good weekend.
    Groetjes
    Annemieke

    ReplyDelete
  16. Araluen is a gorgeous place to visit. Thanks for sharing the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing the gorgeous photo's. It's too hot here to grow tulips and I miss seeing them from my home town. They were always the first sign of spring.
    Looks like you have every thread color needed to start you applique project.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nine to have a tour with you in this lovely place! I've had a look back in your blog and I'm surprised on how talented you are. You make such wonderful things, congrats. Enjoy your time, Clara.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry! I would say "nice" and no "nine"...... Lol.. Clara.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything is so beautiful, including your thread.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the tulips and other flowers. Mine are all gone because it is fall here and next comes the cold and snow. I love when you show all the pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! Beautiful pictures! I have been planting tulip bulbs for next spring, but I doubt my yard will look as beautiful as the pics you have shared.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful photos, and we are almost ready to start raking leaves here. The tulips in the photos are just gorgeous. A nice collection of thread, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful photos!!! Tulips are so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great photos Julia. What beautiful gardens - I wish I had a couple of those tulip beds at my home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥