Thursday, September 16

Pies and Webs Update...

Blogger is not playing nice today...I had to load my pics on through Picasa.. ..oops, that didn't work either, here's hoping this fixes it!


12 pies pieced and ready for the quilt...nice and colourful, this is a nice change for me. I have loved piecing these pies.. still a few more to do first before I think about putting them together.
I'm really looking forward to quilting these, as I'm going to have a go at the big quilting with Perle threads..
The spider webs are so much fun to do...who would believe you could make something as colourful and fun as this with scraps...
It's coming along nicely..still a few more to add, the scrap stash is slowly getting smaller.
There you go girls...don't throw out those scraps! ...♥

A new template arrived in the mail this week...
I saw this online and immediately thought this would be good for the clam shells..not sure how to use it yet, but the info also says it can be used to draw up baptist fan quilting lines...Hmm, must have a play and check this out a bit more....
If you pop on over to here, you can get an idea on how it works...just scroll down a bit.

Check out that bit of bling, a gift from my DIL...it's a tape measure key ring, covered in crystals...we girls all need a bit of bling! ...♥

and do you remember this..my Spring Harvest quilt design. I really need to get back to this and get it finished. Things got a bit busy around here for a while, so I put it away...but I know if I don't finish it soon , it'll end up a long term UFO!

Have a nice day..until next time...♥

25 comments:

  1. Oh Julia, I can't open your pics either. Bugger blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't view the photo's either Julia. Maybe tomorrow Blogger will be nice and cooperate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully blogger will play nice tomorrow. It's such a tease reading about but not being able to see your pics! You'll have to try to reload them,please....I'm intrigued by the clam template that can be used for baptist fans??

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lucky me because I did get to see your beautiful PI da WEBS. They are both beautiful.
    What a lovely tape meause your DD gave you.
    Looking forward to seeing what you make with your new template.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Julia, guess what? I can see your pictures! It is so nice, and your post to day, whow.. where to start? Your quilts are so realy nice!! I can just say that. Your Spring Harvest is beautiful!!!
    You are the best.

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the look of your Pies so far, very colourful. I would like to have a go at the Spiderweb quilt one day....yummy fabrics you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pies & the spiderwebs...really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julia, all your projects are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your P & T are Great..You've done well with the fabrics knowing they were a challenge.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your spiderweb blocks are beautiful!! Definitely get your Spring Harvest finished. It feels so good to complet a UFO that's been sitting a while! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Be still my beating heart....I LOVE all of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad I came back Julia - your pies and webs are so beautiful! Your work is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm back now to see the pics. It was worth the wait. I love your pies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, now I can see you beautiful works of art!! Love the pie such fun bright colors! and Bling, yes we all need a little bling!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lots of beautiful quilts to work on Julia........

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really NEED to do a scrappy quilt .... my scraps stash is growing so fast I can hardly keep up he he he. Do love your spider web one Julia, it's a stunner!!
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so productive Julia, always showing something new and always beautifully done in lovely colours. That new template looks very interesting. I followed the link and like what I saw. I will follow with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely bright pies - all very interesting the fabric combo!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the pies and you're being so productive with your projects. I'll be looking forward to seeing more done on the spring harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What lovely pics. I love your spider wbs, so very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What beautiful pics...I enjoyed seeing them all!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  23. HI Julia, I love your pies, they are so colourful and I think this quilt will look fantastic quilted with the perle thread. Your spiderweb looks fantastic too and I love your Spring Harvest. Lots of lovely quilt pictures today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥