Wednesday, September 1

It Doesn't Get Much Better Than This....a..

....beautiful fun day with "Girlfriends", with special guest Lizzie.. Lurline kindly invited us spend the day in her home to meet Lizzie, beautiful fresh prawn rolls for lunch, cakes, lots of chatter and fun..above is Lizzie me and Lurline. ...
See Lurline's beautiful' 30's Dresden Plate table topper...all hand -quilted, so beautiful, I love it!
Hmm...not much sewing getting done here...more like eating scones with strawberry jam and cream, catching up with what we have been doing.
The container in front is filled with crochet crown head bands... Pattie made them for her grand kids...
Here is Lizzie, Kris and Prue wearing the head bands. Pattie (no blog ) is amazing with the things she creates...we were all "Queens for the Day"..
All the girls are amazing...the work they do is just beautiful, wish I had taken more photos!

How gorgeous is this quilt that Pattie made...this photo just does not do it justice, all in repros, the colours are more vibrant and the quilt is huge...must be bigger than a King size quilt!

Dear Pattie again working on a very fine knitted shawl...can you make out the trees worked into the knitting..Sorry I cut your head off Pattie, I really wanted to show off your work..
It was such a lovely day...Thank you so much Lurline for making us so welcome it was lovely to catch up with the girls again..and lunch was just yummo!.
So lovely to meet you Lizzie, I loved your wool applique and look forward to seeing it finished on your blog..
I must add that I'm so proud to be in such good company...Thank you girls!
Have a lovely day..take care..

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are still having lots of fun without me LOL. Everyone looks great hugz Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right it does not get much better than that! But Lurline let you EAT on her Dresden Table-Topper!! Yikes!! How fun was that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a grand time was had by all! I love crafty get-togethers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing and saving a spot for us! Looks like a wonderful inspiring fun time. And Lurline, that Dresden looks amazing! Thanks Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely day for you all. Don't those get togethers re-energise and keep us young!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so nice to see you all having fun!
    oh my that quilt Pattie made is just beautiful.
    Is it from a pattern/book?
    oh just beautiful.
    the shawl is very pretty
    I love that dresden quilt on the table Lurline
    glad everyone came to visit you
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you all had a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its great having show and tell and looks like you girls all had lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting to have Lizzie come to sewing! It looks like you all had a wonderful day and I love Patti's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YIKES!! Get that food off that stunning Dresden plate quilt!! Talk about drop dead grogeous!! And the other quilts and shawl...wow!!
    Love them all!!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely to have likeminded talented friend around you. That huge quilt is just beautiful, I adore it!
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  12. fantastic day catching up and meeting a blog friend..........

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Julia for making me so welcome, I feel as if I've known you all for ever now..! I had a fabulous time and the day whizzed by too quickly amongst such great new friends and amazing talent..
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful way to spend a day!! You all look so beautiful, and so very happy! :-)
    Hugs
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a fun day!

    Pattie's quilt is absolutely stunning! I thought it was an antique quilt at first! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥