Friday, August 20

Something Old...Something New...

Back to something old...well just a couple of years old. I'm back trying to get my DJ cross-stitch finished...and I have to say I'm really enjoying working on it in the evening.

It's been just lovely on these cold evenings in front of the heater, huddled under a warm cosy quilt doing my DJ cross-stitch. ....

.. it's coming along beautifully. I'm working my way around the outside triangles now, a few more evenings and hopefully it will be ready for framing, this pattern is by Linda Myers ......♥

This is my new take out sewing project...I'm so excited to be starting this Pies and Tarts quilt.

I'm going to try and gently move out of my comfort zone a little by using more brights....

These are a few fabrics that I have bought recently and some pulled from my stash for the Pies and Tarts. I've still to choose a background fabric.....hmm, now what to choose, perhaps a tone on tone, or a tiny spot....♥

Talking about comfort zone...I have some Kaffe fabrics on the way...OMG, this is a big new thing for me. I hope I will be able to work with them as well as the girls on Glorious Applique are, have you seen the stunning quilts the girls are working on...pop on over and enjoy their work!

Have a lovely stitching weekend....take care...♥

20 comments:

  1. Oh your Dear Jane cross stitch looks wonderful! Seeing your reminds me I have this chart in my stash - need to dig it out. You fabric choices are yummy. I'm sure you'll enjoy this project too. Happy stitching -

    ReplyDelete
  2. that may be the only type of DJ that I do........cross stitch.......

    goodluck with your new project.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the only type of DJ I could do would be THAT kind (although cross-stitch has become harder for me lately ...hard on my eyes). Yours is looking wonderful! You GO, Girl, with those brightly-colored fabrics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia i love cross stitch is very nice...
    Hugs
    Deni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Stickle Sampler! I started one a few years ago, but it's in the UFO pile for the most part. Hopefully, watching your progress will inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Dear Jane! I'm probably more likely to get it done in cross stitch than by piecing it.

    I adore Kaffe fabrics - I just can't bring myself to cut them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you DJ is beautiful. and yes, go with those bright, it will be super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the x stitch...I gave DD the pattern for her birthday & we just bought some lovely linen...thanks for the inspiration! Love those pies & tarts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salut!!!My name is bogdan from Romania!!!
    We can be friends ???
    http://bogdanstelistul.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get so excited seeing your progression with the DJ Cross-stitch, Julia! Not long now and you'll be hanging it for all to admire! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cross stitch! I have several to finish one of these days. But truth be told, I'd rather work on my embroidery! LOL Love your brights too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, I'm glad you are back to your DJ cross-stitch...it's so pretty!

    Enjoy your Pie's and Tart's...I miss working on mine actually. Can't wait to see it evolve with the gorgeous brights!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I may be able to do that DJ! Thanks for showing us yours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are doing such a great job on the DJ cross stitch!! Love it!! Have fun sewing your Tart and Pie quilt! Enjoy your weekend, Daniëlle

    ReplyDelete
  15. How does the saying go, "A rolling stone gathers no moss". That is what I think of when I read your blog. Constantly moving from one project to another and branching out to unfamiliar colours. I don't think I can keep up with you Julia, but I love what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have the pattern for this too and made a list just this week of the threads I need BUT I am trying so hard to finish my Cat cross stitch that I am working on.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love your cross stitch Jane...I'm working on a outline embroidery redwork Jane but I haven't shown it yet.

    I know just what you mean about jumping out your comfort zone and into brights...I did it for a commission quilt and I'm so glad now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The cross stitch is so very pretty Julia. I can just see you snuggled in for the cold evening enjoying working on that. I love the new pies and tarts pattern and bright fabrics too. Sending my love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your DJ cross stitch is beautiful Julia! Can't wait to see it finished and in a frame, it will look divine.

    I like the fabrics you have dared to go with with your Pies & Tarts too. Good on you for going out of your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥