Monday, August 2

Show Purchases..

We had a great time at the craft show last week, didn't buy much, Dh was so patient while I looked, tried out a few things and shopped a little.
There was an amazing quilt show on, I didn't take any photos as not to breach copyright, but very inspiring and really makes one want to do so much more.
What I did buy was this cross-stitch pattern book on pincushion cupcakes..aren't they the cutest sweet cupcakes ever... They are set into real silicon cup cake forms....
I thought my DGD who is in her last year at Uni might like this, she loves to do cross-stitch and I know she loves cupcakes.
For me, no fabrics or quilting products this time, as I really would like to get back into doing some SRE.
I bought a metre of beautiful sequined and beaded braid and that gorgeous jewel coloured embroidery ribbon... both at half normal price, a few cameos and lovely sharp pointed little scissors...

A new week and perhaps a new start on something different..
Have a great day....♥

8 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, Your DGD will love the cross stitch cupcake pincushions. What a sweet idea! I hope you and DH have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to go to craft shows and browse. How nice of your husband to go with you.
    My hubby is pretty patient with me too and gets enthused when I do.

    Have a great week crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, what a nice time you had ... your gr-kidling is going to share with us all these darling creations she's going to make, I hope.

    My hubs would be in the car listening to a talk show ... I'd be having a ball.

    Don't miss our giveaway ~
    Have a beautiful summer's eve ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a CUTE cupcake pincushion pattern book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what you transform your purchases into Julia and that is a nice calorie free treat for your granddaughter.
    Love Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, lovely finds Julia! Went to a flea market yesterday but didn't find anything for stitching. That's quite unusual but ok as I have lot's of fun stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cup cakes with no calories, what a great find Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen that book yet - it looks gorgeous! Oh dear, I feel a tad guilty now, after reading your comment about not taking photos of the quilt show because you didn't want to breach copyright. The reason I always take photos at Quilt shows is because there are so many people who can't get to the shows for one reason or another, and this is the only way they will get to see the quilts at our shows. I just love seeing photos on blogs from overseas quilt exhibitions, and I have no desire whatsoever to copy any of the photos for my own use!
    Still, that doesn't make it right, so I guess I should desist...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥