Monday, August 30

My Weekend...

I'm making a little surprise birthday gift for someone...mum's the word now!...
Spent a lovely couple of hours out in the sun yesterday working on this little needle book ...I so enjoyed it!
I've yet to put in a couple of little pockets for the scissors and perhaps a tape measure or what ever else needs to be carried in it..

How pretty are these... First I needed to hand-paint some lace for my needle book....so out came some lace motifs and small pieces of lace, mixed up some colours and spent a couple of relaxing hours painting away...I had forgotten how lovely it is to work with silk ribbon and lace...must try and make more time for my silk ribbon work...♥
Then in the evening I was able to put together a few more pies...

Busy week ahead.... Girlfriend's gathering at Lurline's tomorrow to meet blogging friend Lizzie...can't wait! ....Appointments and embroidery girls meeting on Wednesday
Hope you had a lovely weekend...♥

14 comments:

  1. Oh...love your needle work....just lovely..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is just beautiful Julia! Have fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very yummo!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lace dyeing work..makes me want to get the dye bottles out of the cupboard again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so very clever! I LOVE the pretty lace...just beautiful!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia your needlework is stunning. How do you paint lace?
    I have not painted my crazy quilt lace since I do not know how.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The needlebook is lovely! Your friend will love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do beautiful needlework and I just love those pies. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh.. Julia..!You are so fantastic doing all these needle books. They are so beautiful!!! Love it:-)

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazingly beautiful needlework and the painted lace is gorgeous. Have fun at Lurline's tomorrow. Not much is better than a lovely day with girlfriends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I;m glad I found your blog (thanks Clare) Your work is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made set-in pies once and they ended up looking more like cones. Yours are really delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your pies! I just got my templates and want to get started on them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥