Friday, July 2

Playing With Curves....

Another week as passed already... well this week, I did manage to do the Advent Tree Calendar tutorial , a few more African Flower crochet hexies, and some more hand-quilting on my Dresden and Dolly quilt...
Oh how I'd love to get that quilt finished, winter will be over before it's finished...just the borders to quilt now!

I thought I would buy the Drunkards Path template and make use of my Curvemaster foot..
My EQ7 upgrade has arrived...I have loaded it on the computer.
I had a little play with it this morning and it really does look like it would be fun and great to use...so many more features on it and hopefully more user friendly...now all I need is more time!
Hmm... not sure about these blocks, I just wanted to see how they would work...I don't think I could do a big quilt with them but a dolly quilt may be cute...off to piece together a few more blocks and ponder a bit more on them ..
Have a great weekend...♥

12 comments:

  1. I love those blocks Julia, I'm not brave enough to do circles yet, it's on my to do list though!! I was quite impressed with EQ7 too, mine arrived earlier in the week too. I nearly didn't order it because I was disappointed with EQ6 but quite a few improvements from what I have seen.....
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely colors Julia. I hope you and Reno have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼.................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love your blocks Julia, I have those templates also and hand piece mine! Have you ever made a Drunkard's Path quilt? I am in the process of making one using Lecien fabrics and muslin, sewing by hand is a long process but one that I find absolutely enjoyable! By the way I really love your son's cooking blog and have copied a number of his recipes for my husband and I to try. It is freezing here in Victoria, nice and cosy by the wood fire! Best Wishes, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blocks and the colour. I think once you get a few more made, you will get a better picture of the overall effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love those blocks! I did a drunkard's path many years ago, by hand! I'd be afraid to try one now! Glad your sewing machine foot is working out so well for you! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice work so far using those curved pieces! I am having fun with my EQ7, also, and have been able to design several "someday" pieces that can be cut entirely using my new GO! cutter.....which is GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that EQ is something isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are beautiful fabrics for your quilt. I'm going to have to check into that Curvemaster foot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your drunkards path blocks, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI julia this is very nice software... I go looking for internet... Thanks
    Big hugs
    Deni

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful blocks Julia! Love your new header picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥