I tried drawing up a grid on a light batting, but for a decent size quilt, found it to be too big to handle, plus because I would have to use a fairly dark marker so the grid would show up, I found the lines showed through the lighter fabrics when the papers were taken out..
Trial # 2....taking the papers out, pressing with lots of spray starch and stitching together, I found I had nothing to line up the shells together with...so...
I left the papers on and used the vertical and horizontal lines on the papers to line them up to each other, appliqued them together and then remove the papers as I go..
Well, this seems to work for me, so I think I'll stick to this method...I'm sure there must be lots of ways of doing these clam shells and would love to hear from anyone who has an easier way...
Just out of the oven...some of my son Joe-Da-Chef's chicken and choritzo sausage rolls...great finger food, so yum!
I froze them and just take out enough to have with soup...or a snack!
Would you believe...Joe has clamshells on his blog background...eat and sew!
Have a lovely day...♥