Wednesday, July 14

Another Finish..& some eye candy

Another great finish...July is turning out to be a great month for finishes... This is my Petticoats and Posies wall hanging that I started last year...I thought it was time to put them together and finish the little wall hang.
The embroideries are designs by a talented Aussie designer Brenda Ryan... I love her romantic stitchery designs.
I feel in love with the old fashioned charm of the embroideries ...don't they look lovely pieced in with the romantic rose fabrics and dusty pinks from my stash.
This is going to fit in just beautifully with my bedroom decor...♥


Yesterday was my weekly Tuesday Patchwork day...it's so nice to catch up with these girls each week and see what they have been up to over the weekend...
Above is a fundraiser quilt the group made from 6 inch blocks we all cut up from our stash...it's all washed and fluffy..ready to go!
Looks great girls....great effort, a job well done....♥

and here's another puzzle quilt that Rachelle made...Rachelle is fairly new to quilting, but I think she did a great job on this one...♥

Gotta run and get ready...today my Embroidery ladies are having a Non- Birthday Birthday Party....
Because our birthdays are spread out over the year, some just before Christmas, some during school holidays etc...we find it hard to keep track of our birthdays...either forget to check our diaries or are away on holidays, you know how time just seems to get away from you, before you know it the year is over!
Margaret who is great at organizing...suggested we all celebrate our birthdays on the same day. We agreed to celebrate them in the middle of the year ...We all have a girl's name to buy a small gift for.... only to buy one gift and in return we would all get a gift back.
Take care...♥


22 comments:

  1. Our little neighborhood quilting group does a similar "non-birthday" party.....fun way to do it! Love the quilts you showed here today.....as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts are beautiful. And happy unbirthday! Sounds like a very good way to celebrate friend's birthdays, hope everyone had a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love LOVE the petticoat one but they are all lovely. What creative designs you come up with ...

    Have a lovely summer's eve ~
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Julia is very very nice...
    Hugs
    Deni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great finish, love the petticoats and Posies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You eembroidered little wall hanging is divine.
    I just love the puzzle quilt.

    What a great idea for the birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the puzzle quilt. I saw one done in CQ. Good job for more finished Julia and it's only the middle of July - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow...gorgeous piece of work...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just adore your "petticoats and posies" quilt.I have such a soft spot for crinoline ladies cheers Teri

    ReplyDelete
  10. No wonder you love the embroidery one....it is really lovely :) It would have taken forever to cut the fringes on the fluffy quilt...it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great eye candy Julia and what a lovely fun idea to have a non birthday birthday party with your friends. Hope you have a great time.
    Love Shirley.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do like your Petticoats a lot

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember seeing some of those stitcheries on your blog not so long ago. Lovely finish. Your birthday idea is a good one, I might suggest it to the girls (after my birthday which is next hee hee).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to go! Nice finishes, and have fun at the birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your wallhanging is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great quilts! I've always wanted to make a puzzle quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE the petticoats and posies Julia. How very sweet. I think the birthday idea is a great one. I know you all enjoy the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore the petticoats and posies, but the other quilts are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The petticoats and posies wall hanging is enviably beautiful. You did a great job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Petticoats and Posies is just adorable! I love all of Brenda Ryan's designs, they are very whimsical, and fairly straightforward stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Finally time to myself for blog visiting.
    You've had some lovely finishes ... Petticoats and Posies is very sweet, pretty colours.
    Your dresden plate and dollies quilt is simply stunning.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That puzzle quilt is divine! How do you do it?
    What's the secret?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥