Sunday, July 11

Another Finish and a New Start....

Well, July is looking like a good month to be finishing off WIP...lets hope I can keep rolling with it!
I ran out of cream yarn, so this is as big as my Granny Flower Square rug is going to be...it's seven squares by seven squares.
It's cold, wet and miserable outside, so I think the dollies will be happy to be all snug and warm huddled under the granny rug , yes, I really am just a big kid at heart !...♥

Couldn't help myself...I too have taken the plunge and started on the clamshell challenge.
I've always wanted to do them, now is as good a time as ever, especially as Jossie has started up a group, this will be a great way to be inspired, keep motivated, share tips and have fun while working on them....there's a link on my sidebar if you would like to join up.
I did start off sewing a running thread along the curved edge, pulling the thread up over the paper template, but I thought that was too time consuming and fiddly, so I opted to use my trusty glue pen and just glue the fabric to the papers...too easy, works a treat!
Now the challenge will be sewing them together, keeping them nice and straight. I'm going to be very good and just use up some pretty fabric from my stash.
Until next time...take care..

22 comments:

  1. Your Crocheted Rug looks Beautiful Julia..I am heading towards those Clamshell's too..they look very Addictive..lol
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your clam shells Julia....and your little rug is gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Julia...you are inspiring me to do clam shell...looks lovely...cute granny square blanket...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the crocettet little rug Julia...its awesome.. and i admired the clamshells Jossie is doing and yours are going to be so stunning too...love the fabrics and colors..another awesome quilt in the making....greetings ♥ Francien

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Julia is very nice you have gold hand....
    Hugs
    Deni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia you must have been reading my mind. We have got the same project on the go and our posts are so similar in thought. I love your little dolly blanket. Can you ever be too old to play with dolls. I somehow don't think so.
    Love Shirley.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little blanket is gorgeous. The dolls will feel very comfortable under it! Wish I could send you some of our heat and we would be both very happy I guess ;-). Great start on the clamshells. Aren't they fun to do?
    Jossie

    ReplyDelete
  8. the blanket is beautiful
    I love the clamshells quilt, I bought a template and still haven't started, decided if I am going to make this I need to do it with the paper pieces so now I need to order those. your off to a great start!

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Granny flower square Julia. You have finished a few this month. The clamshells are looking great. You will whip them up in not time at all.

    Hugs
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  10. The crocheted rug looks very cosy over those dolls. I gave the pattern to my friend, I hope she tries it. I showed her your pictures and she was inspired to try but has suddenly developed a sore back. I've seen those clam shells on alot of blogs, tempting but am still able to resist for the moment. Hope you weren't affected by any storm activity that I heard about on the news?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The crochet rug turned out lovely and how great are those clamshells! That project is so you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you going to start another Granny Square project? You did well for the dollies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your little blanket is so pretty. I used to love making granny squares.
    The clamshells are addictive -- you'll have so much fun making them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your granny rug looks fantastic Julia!
    Gluepen - that beats stitching. I have one on order and can't wait to get it to see how it works. Your clamshells look lovely, so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. HOw cute....and the calm shells is going to be just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your rug looks really nice and the clamshell club sounds interesting, love the fabrics you've chosen so far.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooh I love your clam shells!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely little blanket and your clamshells are going to look gorgeous with those fabrics you're using :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Julia! I am so happy to read you're embarking upon a Clamshell project of your own. I like reading you'll be taking your time and using some of those lovely fabrics you have. This makes my heart sing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woo Hoo...CLAMSHELLS...that is all I have worked on the past 2 days....slow, but steady!!! I like your choice of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥