Friday, June 18

This and That...

Not a lot of anything going on here this week...I'm still waiting for the wool I ordered last week, can't believe how long it takes to get a parcel just from the other side of this same country...
I did manage to do a few more Granny Flower squares and a bit of hand quilting on my Dresden and Dolly quilt...perhaps today the postman will come knocking !...
How lovely is this Apple Core quilt that Kerry, one of my Tuesday patchwork friends made for her sister's 60 th birthday...isn't just gorgeous and happy bright!
I love how Kerry has made an inner border of green apple cores, two rows of happy bright cores and then an outer border of green cores framing the beautiful quilt...and I think the different coloured binding really finishes the quilt off beautifully...I'm sure her sister will be thrilled to bits with it...
Well, it's Friday already...don't know where this week has gone!
Have a lovely weekend...♥

18 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, Looks like you have been busy. Hope your wool arrives soon. Thanks to you and Kerry for sharing her apple core quilt - it is so cheerful and will be a treasured birthday gift for her sister. I hope you and Reno have a very nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I love the apple core and that green inner border really sets it off!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made an apple core quilt, never thought of putting inner and outer borders like that. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Apple Core quilt is gorgeous.
    Hope you get your wool soon. A girl needs her wool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those apple cores...I am eating a Pink Lady now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Granny squares are great Julia...and you are going so fast...i am going to do some in the weekend too..hope you will receive your package today..and the quilt Kerry made is lovely!!Great colors together..
    Have a nice weekend...greetings Francien.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia is very nice you crochet....
    Hugs
    Deni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julia, would you believe that I have been working hard all week to finish a quilt that is almost this quilt. I will be posting about it soon. I have made mine in reds and greens with a cream border. I straightened the outer border and put a binding on it. Would you please tell Kerry How wonderful her quilt is. The crochet is looking even better - hope the parcel arrives soon.
    Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kerry't applecores look wonderful. It is very cold here tonight and would love to snuggle under it. The crochet squares would be most welcome too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julia , the apple core quilt is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us. I hope your wool arrives today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow...beautiful apple core quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  12. my compliments on the apple core quilt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, don't I know how it feels to not accomplish too much, even though I feel like I'm plugging away at something. Hand-applique is feeling like that for me right now.

    That's sure a gorgeous Apple Core quilt. The idea of the plain inner border is great, but I love the outside finish the best. Kerry did a super job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even a little progress is good during the week. Love your dolly quilt and that Apple Core quilt is really nice. I think that binding does finish it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That apple core quilt is so pretty. I know your friends sister is gonna love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia!

    It works! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the apple core quilt, esp. the inner border.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥