Wednesday, June 2

Great Get Together Morning...

What a lovely morning I had today with my embroidery friends..sadly two girls couldn't make it, but there will be other times to catch up with them..
Sorry about the sun shining through the window, it was a beautiful day, a little cold but the heater was on and we were all wearing warm jumpers...I was wearing my special t-shirt!
Golda sitting on the left is crocheting this beautiful blanket...isn't it gorgeous!
Golda has just come back from a trip to Turkey and brought back some beautiful variegated light and dark dusty pink wool seen here. I love the colours.... you would never pick it, but all the different shades of that pink is all the colours on one ball of wool!


This is a close up of one of the granny squares...Well, I think you might guess what I've started on now...yes, couldn't help myself...
Golda is showing me how to crochet this granny square... It's a nice little change to do in between sewing and hand quilting!
Off to play with my wool and crochet hook..
Until next time...take care..♥
P.S. forgot to add...I've just finished watching North and South...the ending was not what I was expecting, but great movie none the less...♥

20 comments:

  1. That wool is SO pretty ... what gawjus shades of pink, and such beautiful granny squares, much nicer than the ones I used to make ;o). Looking forward to seeing your progress with a crochet hook Julia ;o)!!
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty crochet.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to sit with friends and work on beautiful projects like that gorgeous crochet. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to spend the time. Stitching with friends. Beautiful wool. Great to learn another crafty thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty Julia. Looks like a great group. AND I think your special shirt is spectactular

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that wool and love the little flower in the centre of the block..its gorgeous! The whole rug is going to be lovely when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, It sounds like a delightful day with good friends. John enjoyed seeing your special t-shirt! That pink thread is awesome and I can't wait to see your project. So glad you enjoyed North & South - that's great that you were able to enjoy it while working on your crafts. Hope you and Reno have a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous granny square and the wool is yummy. I can't wait to see what you crochet with it.

    I've never seen North and South. You have me wanting to look for it so I can see it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the granny squares! Wish I could crochet! Oh well...I have enough hobbies already! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those granny squares are wonderful. Just love the center of them! Looks like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The afgan is beautiful. I don't blame you for wanting to start one of your own.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those Crochet Flowers are Just Gorgeous...Beautiful Wool..Looking forward to Your Show & Tell
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for showing us the granny squares. Its reminded me l have a box of wool purchased when a shop closed down, that l planned to make granny squares will. Only problem, l need to learn how to crochet!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Granny love, it's beautiful and I'm not surprised you caught the bug. I haven't finished N&S yet, I'm making it last.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What could be more fun, than sewing time with friends! I thought you had already seen North and South, good thing I did not give away the ending!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is one beautiful blanket! I love it done in the soft colors.
    Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ohhhh how nice, how do you make the little flower in the middle. they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a beautiful blanket! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your prize winning "Inspired by Jane" quilt!
    It is just lovely.....I hope you have a place of honor to hang it in your home!

    Its a real treasure,
    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  20. I used to not like granny squares! But I love them now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥