Monday, June 21

DD to the rescue...

Still waiting for that wool that I ordered the other week to arrive...but my DD Linda called in yesterday with this lovely tub of 8 ply wool...a beautiful rainbow of colours for me to play with while I wait...maybe today the mailman will call !
So last night I played and made up these three African Flower hexies...hmm..looking at these here, I'm thinking they might look better with a uniform main colour joining round of crochet, perhaps a cream to set each one off ..
They are really quick and fun to do...once I get going on these, I'll get back to quilting and do these on sewing days and in the evenings....The other cream and burgundy flower Granny squares are coming along nicely too....wouldn't it be nice to have a few more hours in the day.
Sew much I want to do!....
Have a lovely day...my long time friend Jenni of over 50 yrs has moved back to our part of the world and we're having a day out together today....♥

9 comments:

  1. That is a very nice selection of yarn. I hope the things you expect in the mail arrive soon! Enjoy your day with Jenni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are going to look great all worked together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful day Julia!!
    Beautiful crocheted hexies... <3
    Yummmm!!

    I know what you mean... I 'have to' live until I'm about 5003 presently! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that your long-time friend, Jenni, is back and you are having a day together. You amaze me with all the talent and creativity you have. I hope your package arrives soon but your DD sure provided you with some wonderful wool while you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colour wool Julia. Such great project for winter days - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a lovely day with your dear friend Julia.

    How I would love to do some of those hexies BUT NO I have sooooo many things I need to finish before our hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful box it looks like a rainbow of color!! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia

    I bought some beautiful 100% Alpaca at the Sydney show and found out the business is here in Brisbane, it was $ 10 per ball and part of the Fair Trade it is soooo beautiful to touch.
    I just have to find the right pattern for a granny square

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. rainbow crocheting.......pretty......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥