Tuesday, May 25

We've got mail...

Just look what came in the mail. all the way from the states....

Dear blogging friend Mildred, her husband John and brother Larry took off on a trip of a lifetime they called "Their Bucket List Trip "...a trip that they have been wanting to do, seeing the beautiful places in their country...you can pop over to John's blog and read all the exciting places they visited...a dream trip that I would also love to do...one day!
I loved travelling with them via their blog, seeing the Grand Canyon, Mt Rushmore, Laura Ingall's little school house, and all the other interesting places....with great pics to enjoy.

Can you believe John even went into a quilt shop called Quilter's Mercantile, on Route 66 in William's Arizona...a gorgeous shop and bought me some fabrics...how special is that....now how many men would do that, I can't see my Dh doing that...
My DH's name is Reno, look what John sent him..... when they were in Reno, John thought it fun to send us a t-shirt each...can you guess which one is mine ...I love it and will wear it to B-B-Q's and fun occasions, I'm sure to get a smile from that !

Thank you so much John for thinking of us...Reno loves his mug and look out anyone that uses it!
Until next time....♥

10 comments:

  1. Julia, isn't this blogging lark just the most amazing adventure. There are some incredibly generous spirits out there and they make life so worthwhile. Enjoy your spoils.
    Love Shirley.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia and Reno, John had the best time choosing a few souvenirs for you both! Julia, I clicked on the Quilter's Mercantile...that looks like a fun place to visit. Hope you both are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderfu to receive the gifts and to be able to share adventures with friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super-fun t-shirt for you to wear. I'm sure folks will love seeing you in that! How kind of your blogging friends to send those gifts to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have great friends who thought of you on their trip...what a blessing

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! It's great to hear about someone actually doing something on their bucket list...hope you will do so as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to receive that parcel and you must be thrilled that they would think of you whilst on their holiday. They must be very kind, generous friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't those some great gifts!!! You do meet just the best people through blogging don't you! It's almost like one big happy family of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what thoughtful gifts. You really meet the nicest people in blogland, don't you? Oh, and there's no way my hubby would set foot in a quilt shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia, I popped over from juliekquilts because I liked your little house on your comment you left Julie.Anyway just wanted to say how lovely your blog is, but mostly that I love your Dresden plate quilt!!Also I saw your tutorial on Glad Press n' seal, what a neat idea, I use it for quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥