Friday, May 21

More Show Quilts..Photo heavy

Just back from the show , I was able to have a lovely look around while doing white glove duty....Here are a few more photos from the show for the girls who could not make it to the show.....
This beautiful quilt by our very talented Sheila Pye...a very passionate quilter, her machine quilting is amazing to say the least....This original design of Sheila's is called "Coxcombs and Currants Revisited"

This amazingly beautiful quilt is by very talented Jocelyne Leath...to see this for real would take your breath away...The quilting on this is amazing...it's called, " A Moment in Time "..
This one is by Mariene King and called Travels...isn't it lovely how it looks like a roll of holiday slides, complete with a passport

This quilt is called "Colours of the Tropics" which is this years theme by Yvonne Chapman

This fun quilt is called "Mirror, Mirror"...wouldn't we all love a mirror like that!.. this is by Terina Walton
A sweet pinwheel quilt by Dear quilting friend Louise...lovely soft and pretty..

A beautiful quilt called "Friendship" by Robynne Wallence

This quilt is called " Dear Janette "..by Ailsa Cowan..

A beautiful quilt by dear quilting friend Carole...beautifully hand-quilted
This one is by Carole as well...also beautifully hand-quilted...
This was the other quilt I entered, called "Civil War " all in repro fabrics. The pattern was from Patchwork on Stonleigh. I loved making this quilt, I researched what the blocks stood for as I went along, which made it more fun and interesting to do.
I hope you enjoyed the quilts...♥



























24 comments:

  1. Julia, My family and friends have just thoroughly enjoyed your photos from the show that you have shared. Such amazing talent from so many quilters. I hope you have a lovely weekend following such an exciting week ~ enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tour Julia, I saw the two 'best of the best' (A moment in time and Travels) at AQC a few weeks ago, amazing talent..!!
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw some of these in the Melbourne show. Was yours here or only in Perth? I love seeing all these lovely quilts made by such clever and imaginative people instead of hearing about all the negative things people do with their time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful workmanship on display Julia and you have some very talented friends. Thank you for sharing them with us.
    Love Shirley.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the quilts, all beautiful. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. TFS all the Quilts are just Beautiful...the Quilting on the first one is Amazing...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Quilt show photos, it's like going to the show too! The Travels quilt is a beauty! It looked so different. Great pieces! It must have been a great time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful eye candy :_ You must have had a great day. I have your quilt up on my blog...and some of the other quilts too...and a lead to your blog - hope you dont mind...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow...what an amazing quilts...thank you so much for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julia, I have enjoyed those pictures soooo much, that one called Mirror Mirrow is to die for (laughing)...thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the Fotos! They are very beautiful quilts.
    Marita

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw many of these at the Melbourne show too, but like Elyte, I am wondering if yours was here as well as in Perth? I don't recall it, but I was gobsmacked by all the quilts anyway, and took photos of about forty of them before my camera battery died. I made a separate blog to show those photos - did you notice it on my blog by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  13. These quilts are all wonderful! I'm glad that you posted the pictures so that we can all enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Mirror, Mirror quilt put a smile on my face. All these quilts are such beautiful pieces of art. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, you saved the best quilt for last. Love your civil war quilt, what a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for sharing - these quilts are amazing!
    Best wishes from Berit in Norway

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the virtual quilt show! My favorite is still your "Inspired by Jane" quilt. Lots of talent displayed in the show.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a great time.......... i have just had............ looking at the quilts
    thnks so much

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great photos Julia and all the quilts are stunning. I saw the "Mirror Mirror" quilt at the AQC and loved it.

    I love your Civil War 1 quilt. It is on my "To Do" list.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the all the wonderful pictures from the show and Congratulations on your double awards...your quilt is just gorgeous (as I've said before :)!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What great quilts. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for showing these beautiful quilts !! My funny favorite is the "Mirror, Mirror" quilt. What a great idea !!

    Many greetings,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like it was quite a spectacular quilt show if these photos are any indication. Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful show of quilts Julia! Thanks for sharing! 8-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥