Sunday, May 16

Little Purse...

I thought I would share this little purse with you..
There are quite a few being made out there in blogland...but this one is a little different..

My dear patchwork friend Lois was having a clean up of her sewing room and thought I might like this...well who wouldn't...isn't it lovely!

This one is in crazy patchwork, which would be great for using up those little pieces of fabric, and as I have done lots of CQ in the past, I could embellish this ...I just love to embellish...but look...

it has another little pocket on the bottom..how cool is that, and look at that lovely zipper..
I haven't made one yet, but wouldn't it look great done in selvages, that is so popular right now too..

It's been so cold here the last few days..just yesterday morning it was 2.5 Celsius...now that is cold for here. it's gone from one extreme to the other....another cold day today, a good day to stay in and sew...maybe a little purse!

Have a great day....♥

25 kind people said..:

Pat said...

Such a cute purse! Be sure to show us yours after you make it.

Mildred said...

The purse is adorable. Your weather certainly changed in a hurry. At least you have plenty of ideas to keep you busy inside on a cold day. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Cathy said...

I love this little bag!!! I would love to make one. By making it scrappy you could be soooo creative! Maybe threads, laces, beads, buttons!

Elyte said...

The secret pocket is a great idea. There are so many lovely little purses on offer to use up all those little bits and pieces. Great projects for moving out of one's comfort zone.

Maria said...

Oh Julia I love it. Wonder if I could do one for my string challenge??

Sue said...

Oh fabulous! Now I'm going to have to make one from selvedges.
I'll need your help to master the two zips thing tho'.

Notjustnat said...

Love them Julia. How cool to have a secret pocket on the bottom! Hugs Nat

Vicki said...

they look fab Julia and it has got me keen to make some more lol. I love these purses.

Martina said...

Very lovely and such a good idea. Thanks for sharing! I just managed to make my first ever zipper purse! Love it, so here is another one to try out!Thanks for sharing!

Joy said...

That's such a gawjus little purse, and I love the sneaky little hidden pocket on the bottom. Great for popping a key in, or a couple of dollars for a coffee ;o)!!!
Love it Julia ...
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Janet said...

It's a great purse Julia, I love that it has a secret pocket on the bottom! Do tell, where did you get the zips with the pulls on them?

retdairyqueen said...

Have just had a look around your blog and have to say I enjoyed my visit

englishteacup said...

Love the purse are you going to share how to make it? I have all my scraps ready and waiting. Have a great week Englishteacup(Lynne)

Fiesta said...

cute bag Julia. I am so looking forward to seeing it embellished.

Bunny said...

How cute is that I love this little purse. Must make one soon.

*karendianne. said...

What a GREAT bag! How neat. It almost looks like something I'd actually attempt and oh but the neat zipper... that's perfect. LOVE IT!

Joan said...

I alwasy admire people who can make purses and bags...not somthing I can do. Its looks beautiful

Terry said...

What a sweet idea to use scraps to make one of these little bags! Thanks for sharing this! :0)

Barb said...

That little purse is adorable.....

Deb said...

That's such a cute bag. I think that it would be fun to make one of these out of selvages!

Candi said...

What a lovely purse! Are you going to share the directions on making it? How wonderful it is:)

Mamisole said...

gracias por las esplicaciones ,asi parece facil
un beso

katrien said...

Very lovely bag.

Mona said...

This purse was wonderful. I hope you are going to share the directions to making it!

Sue-Anne said...

That's a clever idea putting the little pocket in the bottom. it's gotten really cold here too, frosty mornings but lovely sunny days. Still no rain though and it is getting really hard to get out of bed in the mornings.