Wednesday, May 5

Girlfriends Gathering..

Another great Girlfriends day was had at Lurline's yesterday...but first thing in the morning I had a few errands to run.
First, I popped down to my Tuesday Pelican Quilters group to drop off some fabric squares for a cancer morning tea fundraiser we are attending next Tuesday with another group...really looking forward to that!
There I spied this lovely quilt draped over the chair made by Glynis, and all made from her stash...how great is that, what a lovely feeling it is to use up some stash..Glynis was so pleased.
Then a quick trip to the local shops and then off to meet the girls at Lurline's...

Here we are..from the left, Prue, Teena, Robin, Lurline, Kris...did I tell you I love that top Kris and Diane.
Not all the girls could make it this time, we missed them, they were in our thoughts...but we still had fun!
As you can see here not much sewing was getting done...it was just nice to relax, chat and enjoy the company.
Robin organized lunch...lunch was so delicious, Robin made some little roll ups of rice paper with a yummy filling of prawns and other yummy spicy ingredients, they had a little bite to them ...oh so good!

Can't believe this glorious weather we're having...no rain in sight for this week either, I bet when it does finally rain it will come down with a vengeance!
Have a great day...♥

22 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of you girls having a lovely day together.
    I recognised Prue, she's a Barnowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops I meant to say "without me". I love that you had the day together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had fun :-) Wonder how much sewing was done ;-)
    Cheers
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is just wonderful to spend time with your friends. I just love getting together to cat, eat and maybe do a little sewing.
    Yes hello Prue!

    Love the quilt Julia, would love to make that out of my stash??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you beleive CHAT LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it's great to see you having fun with the girlfriends and Lurline looks great. (big wave to Lurline!) That's a lovely quilt. So glad you are enjoying such gorgeous weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a nice group. I loved that stash quilt you showed, too. Are you going to make a similar one?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Glynis's quilt very much. The colours work so well and just scraps! That could inspire a lot of us to dive into our scrap buckets, metaphorically speaking of course. Thanks for naming "that" tool for me on your last post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a lovely day, Julia - I really ejoyed having you all here and a lovely night last night, too. I'll have to play with my camera later and see how the pics come up!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. It can't get better. Lunch and sewing with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like a fun day Julia. It was nice to see Lurline without the sling. Love that scrap quilt above - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely day, Julia ... nothing better than a gathering to make the day special-er.

    Have a great week.
    TFN, Hugs ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Time with your "Girlfriends" is always fun. I can see that you ladies had a blast. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a fun day spent with special quilting friends. The quilt is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another lovely sewing day without me. I am very envious. You will all forget who I am when I get back. It looks like not much sewing was done as usual on those sewing days, the only exercise is by mouth either by talking or eating. My favourite pastime. Hugz Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun day :o)!!! I get together with my 'craft' group on Fridays ... have done for over 20 years ... very little craft gets done any more though, it's more a chance to eat yummy cakes and have a good old natter lol :o).
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. No need to sew, it is such fun to visit!!! Glad you enjoyed the day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You obviously had a wonderful time..I love the small quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like lots of fun! Jealous of your sunshine. I had to travel 5 hours away to see blue skys. Oh did I love the sun. The trip was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia is very nice...
    Hugs
    Deni

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh! Trips around the world. I'd make dozens of that pattern, if I had time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥