Wednesday, March 31

Crazy Quilting..eye candy

There's a bit of talk in blogland about Crazy Quilting...as there's nothing quilty new happening here...I thought I would share with you some of my Crazy Quilting... a passion I did for many years before I really got serious about quilting...
I'm sure many of my followers have not seen these before..

I love CQ and hope to get back to it again soon...it's just getting motivated again to get started on it..
I thought you might like to see my fundraiser block for a quilt that was made and auctioned on Ebay to raise money for the survivors of the Katrina Hurricane.
I was very honoured to be asked to take part in making a block for this quilt.
The theme was to be "All That Jazz".
The beautiful colours of the New Orleans Mardi Gras was my inspiration.
19 well known crazy quilters were asked to work an 8 inch block. The 20th block was a winner’s block chosen by popular vote from blocks people donated. After a voting period the winner was announced on Christmas eve. There were enough donated blocks to make up another two quilts. All that Jazz # 1 is the main quilt and the other two quilts had been assembled from competitors blocks...
I made and entered this lampshade in a competition run by CqMagonline.. back in 2005, and was so proud to be chosen for a place in their competition... a great free online site for tips and ideas for embellishing and CQ...
This was made for an article on CQMagonline also...you can get the instructions to make this gorgeous box here...this makes a beautiful gift..

I love this black Velvet pansy and lace block...black is fantastic to work Cq on...all the embellishing just seems to pop
This is my signature Ribbonwiz Victorian shoe..again worked on black velvet and brocade.
Another favorite is my Hussif bag...hand dyed laces, and lots of beading, embellished on Dupion silk fabric..
I have visitors coming for the day..must get started and get ready..
Have a lovely day..♥

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful eye candy Julia, You are very accomplished. Love your work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia - you are just amazing. I can't even pick a favorite from all of these you have shown. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia these are truly works of Art. Thank you so much for sharing. I hope you consider sharing more with us through tutorials and close-ups.
    :)
    Valentina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely incredible!! Each project was a work of ART! Wow...well done!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is WOW! These are really wonderful. The stitches are fan-tabu-great!....LOL
    Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia thank you so much for your post. Your work is stunning .

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a beautiful style, Julia elegant and attractive. It is always interesting to see the development of the artist, where they started from, their journey and what they are doing now. It is a source of inspiration to many of us, as I am sure you have those who inspire you.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, wow, and wow! Fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG...that looks awesome...thank you for sharing. thank you for sharing your box tutorial...all your woeks looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Julia, what beautiful work you have done. I love the little shoe and the lampshade. I bet that really glistens when the light is on. Well done.
    Shirley.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow everything is stunning Julia, you have such a talent for CQ. I adore the shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! You do such beautiful work! Love that shoe, and actually all of it is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have made some absolutely wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are a very talented lady Julia. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are amazing Julia! I love the sax and the piano player on the first block. The bag is beautiful. Love the heart and fan.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the piano player on your crazy quilt piece.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!! Crazy Quilting is one of my first loves, yours is wonderful!! I have been wanting to make the box for awhile, didn't know it was yours -love it!♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! They are all spectacular. I have never seen a lampshade before and it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia you crezy quilt is very nice...
    Big hugs
    Deni

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amiga,
    Voltei para outra visitinha...
    Seu cantinho continua lindo, agradável e de bom gosto.
    Muita paz, saúde e sucesso!...

    F E L I Z P Á S C O A!!!

           ( ),,( )
           (=':'=)
      ﻶﻉჱﻶﻉ═¤═(,,)♥(,,)═¤═ﻶﻉჱﻶﻉ

    Com carinho, para você e sua família...

    Itabira - Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  21. Julia, you have such a wealth of talent! As soon as I saw the top block I thought of Mardi Gras...
    Happy Easter,
    Hugs
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful work, Julia!! :)

    I love the stitch on the top left hand corner of the first photo.
    The box is beautiful. I really love the hummingbird!!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, Julia, this is breathtaking !
    A true work of art, as Valentina says. When seeing the first block, I can't help thinking about my son nr2, who is a musician. He would drive completely CRAZY indeed, getting such a quilt!
    I adore embroidery and took some workshops before. I would LOVE making a crazy quilt, some day, but I don't know exactly where and how to start...
    Oh please, dear, think about some nice tutorial, one of these days ;>) THANKS for showing !

    XOXOXO
    NADINE

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Julia, all I can say is ditto to all the above! You've heard it before but it is worth repeating; you have a wonderfully creative mind, and we are so lucky that you choose to share your creations here on the internet.
    I never thought of doing CQ on black - it looks sensational!
    I finished my hussif by the way - I've made a couple of minor changes to your design, but basically it is the same thing.
    It's on my blog if you have a chance to pop over and leave a comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥