Thursday, March 18

Books..

I had a lovely day at guild on Tuesday..so nice to meet up with the girlfriends again...then to come home and get some inspiring mail.
Yes, more books ...I just had to get Gwen Marston's Liberated Quiltmaker 11, and then I saw the other one by Gwen that i had to have .."Twenty Little Patchwork Quilts"...oh, now just to find some time to make these little quilts...
Each month at guild a different local quilt shop comes in a sets up a table with all the lovely patchwork and quilting supplies that we all love, there's fabrics, threads, goodies etc..
This month we had Liz of Lizard of Oz...Liz has fusible's, templates, great ideas for quilts, all made easy with ready to use printed papers...so easy!
I couldn't help myself, I have been wanting these paper templates called Church Windows for a while...look at the great settings that can be done with them ...oh, there are 10 pages of these templates with 8 on each page.

I'm hoping to have a little sewing time today..have a great day...♥

6 comments:

  1. Hello Julia, I LOVE the Twenty Little Patchwork Quilts, is that available in Australia? Sounds like you had the most wonderful day with your guild. Have a great week and enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...I just saw something earlier on a blog about those "church windows" and thought to myself that I must try them! Let me know how they go! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that local shops are invited to your meetings. You have some nice new "toys" (from the Lizard of Oz and from your mail delivery) to play with now...can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that book and just love it! The Church Windows look wonderful, I cannot wait to see what you do with them. have a nice day sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun day. There's nothing like a few new quilt books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun! Good for you Julia. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥