Friday, February 26

Today...

I had a lovely visit from dear long time quilting friend Dana (no blog),...Dana went to the states last year on a quilting tour...oh how I wish I could have gone with the group...it's my dream, one day! Dear Dana works a few days a week and is very busy with family, but she never forgets my birthday...I was so excited I forgot to take a photo of her gift before I unwrapped it... beautifully wrapped a gorgeous 100 charm pack of repro fabrics from the states...I love them, thank you Dana.....♥

These two books arrived in the mail this morning...it's so hot today...I'm so looking forward to having a sit down under the air-con... a good read...a nice cold drink and perhaps a few chocolates!

How gorgeous are these fabrics... for my birthday from Lurline the beautiful repro fabrics that I have never seen before and from Robin (no blog) the gorgeous blue fabrics...they are Suzani by Michelle Marvig ...I'm thinking perhaps a bag from the blue fabrics...They are gorgeous fabrics... thank you girls....♥
A little up date on my "Spring Harvest "...this is where it's at right now, it's been so hot the last couple of days, no sewing has been done on it...wish it would rain to cool everything off...
The weekend is upon us once again... where has the week gone already.
Have a lovely weekend....♥

19 comments:

  1. I love the colours in this one, so pretty and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!
    What treasures of books...beautiful fabrics...and Spring Harvest is coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun giftie for you B day...I have that one book..The American Quilt Classics...but it is in storage..... Happy B Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Julia!! You have been lucky, such lovely gifts from friends. I love the look of the two new books. I never knew that Michelle Marvig had designed fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I forgot to mention how wonderful the medalion is looking. Just gorgeous, you have got it looking wonderfully balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great books Julia and excellent fabric choices. Have fun creating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday. Great fabric choices, and I'm loving your Spring Harvest Quilt. Very pretty colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! The books look wonderful and very nice fabrics you received....lovely gifts! Hope you are staying cool today...I am hoping it warms up past the freezing mark today :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your "Spring Harvest" is looking great.
    I just bought the Fat Quarter Quilting book this week! There are a couple of little quilts I want to make from it.
    Enjoy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Julia!!! Terrific quilty books, especially the "American Quilts" one, it looks super. Those "Suzanni" fabrics are gawjus!! I'll keep any eye out for those, my DD2 would love those colours :o).
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such nice gifts!!! I'm not feeling sorry for you that it's too hot to quilt, though.....I WISH it was too hot to quilt. Yes...I'd give up quilting for awhile if it meant we could get rid of the cold, wet, snowy winter we have been having here. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so fun when your birthday just keeps on going!! Such thoughtful gifts and sweet friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those fabrics are lovely, looks like you had a wonderful Birthday Julia.. Love the stars you're adding to your quilt. Funny how you'd like to come to the States and I've always wanted to go to Australia. I say someday too. You have a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday to you! Love all your bits & pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Julia...your quilts are gorgeous...Apple core is one of my favorite patterns, and your rendition is so nice...it wil be cozy when done.


    if you come to the states ever, and have time to be on the east coast...i hope you will let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday to you - what nice gifts from your friends. Just love the fat quarter book - I recently purchased it also and can't wait to start one of these beauties. In reproduction fabric of course!

    Dixie (California)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a nice birthday you've had. Books and fabric are the best gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday Julia. Lovely presents you have got. Love the repro fabrics from Lurline. Enjoy your birthday and big hugs from me - Nat

    ReplyDelete
  19. Spring Harvest is SOOO gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥