Tuesday, February 2

This and That...

The rose fabric order has arrived at last....I cannot believe how long it took to get here from over East, 10 days....I get parcels delivered from the States quicker than that...I had almost given it up as lost!.. Now I can get back to playing with my new quilt project, the one I started a couple of weeks ago. I love this rose fabric in the front...I can't wait to start back on it...perhaps tomorrow!

In the meantime I pulled out this old UFO, it's been rolled up and put away at the back of the cupboard for years...I must wave to dear long time quilting friend Dana (no blog), I know she loves this and reads my blog....I'm going to finish it Dana, at last! I'm having trouble deciding what to do about the borders...
It measures 36" x 18" I would like to make it a bit bigger so that it's a nice wall hanging...it would look lovely above our bed.
Should I just add a rose fabric border, or do some blocks then a rose fabric border....what blocks would go with this beautiful swag !
Here's a close up... I needle turned the roses, leaves and bows, the pansies are broderie perse, with bullion stitch embroidered lavender sprigs....the background is cross hatch quilted with a twin needle.
I really love this pink and green rose fabric and I think it compliments and brings out the colours of the flowers...Hmmm, what to do!.. A finish for February....I have a pair, these will keep my little tootsies warm in winter...
A lovely mild cooler day today....I'm off to my local Tuesday Patchwork group today..
Have a lovely day....♥

13 comments:

  1. Hello Julia, Hope you are enjoying your day with friends - I'm glad it has cooled off a little. I love your UFO and the pretty colors and the socks are going to be so cozy later on. You amaze me with how quick you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...the UFO looks gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely UFO Julia....I quite like just the plain rose fabric...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, Julia those rosy fabrics are right up my alley!! So's that pretty garland, I'll look forward to seeing it all done. I like just the rosy border, but maybe you could do a litle peeper border as well, just to frame it??!!
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia what a lovely UFO to start working on/ I have no ideas to give you but I am confident that whatever you decide will be lovely .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work!!!

    I love all your new fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those rose fabrics Julia... they were worth the wait. So glad your sock has it's partner now.. they are really cool :) I know what you mean about the post too. Mum is over on the other side of Oz from me and sometimes it takes weeks for the mail to get through. That parcel from US took a week!!! Hope you had a great day today xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yofabric is lovely. Can't wait to see your project finished.
    I like the rose border for your UFO
    Nice socks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely UFO ..... a lot of applique and embroidery and a great pair of socks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love your fabric, well worth the wait. As for your UFO, wow it is beautiful. I would just add a border, and no more blocks as they would take away from the applique. just my two ccents worth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work as always, Julia! Well done on the socks - I still haven't kntted my sock wool yet, but hopefully I'll get to it this winter. Yours are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your appliqueed swag looks beautiful! And you needleturned it - you are a girl after my own heart:) I look forward to seeing what you do with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julia, your swag is just gorgeous and those rose fabrics simply delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥