Friday, February 5

On the Wall...

What a busy week it's been..at last I have been able to get back to my new quilt design project.

This morning I woke up all eager, keen and wanting to work on my new quilt, but some chores outside were calling me...when you can't stand to see a mess any longer, then it's time to do something about it!...
Dh and I spent most of the morning cleaning the back yard and washed some windows, what a good feeling it was to have that done...now I can work on my quilt all weekend if I want to... guilt free !
Not a lot more has been done on my quilt, just a few more pinwheels and some thought as what to do next....but you can now see how it's taking shape..
I've had a metre of the centre fabric for ages, love it but never been sure what to do with it.
I thought it would be perfect for the centre medallion for this quilt, and perhaps some fussy cutting somewhere in the quilt. I'm really pleased with how it's coming along.
Sorry about the poor quality of the photo, the lighting is not too good in the sewing room....I think it looks better real than in this photo, the colours are a lot brighter than they look here..

It's nearly the weekend again, have a good one and take care...♥

19 comments:

  1. HI Julia is very nice .. you is very rapid sewing quilt....
    Hugs
    Deni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Toile Centre and alll youe colours. Your quilt is going to look lovely.
    Have a great Sewing weekend
    Cheers
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are all those pinwheels!!! It's going to be lovely Julia :o).
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so nice to see your quilt so far. Love the pinwheels
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a pretty quilt you have in progress there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find photos never do a quilt justice. Love the softness of this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, it is so nice to have the work out of the way. Now the fun can begin!! I love the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is coming along nicely...love the pinwheels! Have fun quilting this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Julia, I can already tell, this one is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looking good Julia.........enjoy your weekend of sewing.........

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really shaping up nicely! It reminds me of early English quilts with the medallion center and the half square triangles! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love what you are doing around that real pretty center scene--great job!! Have a great week end of sewing!!
    Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so pretty, Julia. I love the borders and the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't great when everything comes together. Your combinations and choices are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia,
    This quilt is just beautiful and the fabrics are the best. I agree with you...photos never do a quilt justice.
    Take care,
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks lovely. A great idea, to use a loved fabric that way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. looking great so far, love that center fabric, WOW not sure I ever saw it before
    keep going, can't wait to see more!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's going to be gorgeous Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your quilt is coming along nicely. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥