Monday, February 15

A New Week...

What a lovely weekend I've had...birthday, Valentine's day...all adds up to family, chocolates and flowers....wonderful!
Now it's time to come back down to earth and get into some serious stitching...I did manage to get the borders done on my rose swag / garland wall hanging. I just added a little deep pink peeper border and that beautiful green rose fabric I showed a few posts back.
Click on the pic to see it bigger...The shiny bits you can see are the pins that are still on it...they look like shiny beads...hmm, will think about that!
It's machine quilted around the border, cross hatch quilted on the cream background, all I need to do now is add the binding and that will be a lovely finish for February...

Thank you everyone for the lovely birthday wishes, this birthday has been one of the loveliest I've had....♥

14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Julia.. I am so glad you had such a wonderful day and that it turned out so special. Hugs, Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you had such a nice weekend. Your rose wall-hanging is so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont know if I had wished you a happy b day or not...but if not....I am glad it was wonderful....sounds like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you had nice time with your family...the wallhanging looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks SO good Julia ... and yes, some beads would dress it up too :o).
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes Julia the pins do look like shiny beads. It is spectacular

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Dear Julia!! Your wall hanging is just beautiful!! Happy Birthday once again.
    Blessings~Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!! Beautiful swag design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! That fabric is really just perfect for the border!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty swap. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOps, I meant swag ggg... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's wishing you many more lovely birthdays dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Birthday hugs Julia! Glad you had such a lovely day.
    I love your gorgeous Rose Swag.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥